Author Topic: To Choke Or Not To Choke Part II  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

To Choke Or Not To Choke Part II
« on: April 05, 2010, 15:53:04 pm »
With a few personal discoveries and minor breakthroughs, I have found a clearer path to understanding the works of Stan Meyer. As some of have read my earlier posts discussing how a resistance can be used on the cathode end of the VIC circuit to allow the voltage to rise without a voltage drop and restricting current, this post will be an exploration of the "Resonant Charging Chokes" and the characteristics they exhibit. I feel this part of the VIC is very much needed to be explored and fully understood as it is a major factor in the overall circuit.

I have been slowly acquiring new research equipment for this very venture which hopefully will be complete today as I eagerly await the mailman. I have most of my lab setup for today's tests, but I am waiting for a high voltage probe meter(40Kv) and some other odds and ends. Where are you Mr. Mailman!? Even if the goods do not show up today, I have enough to do some easy tests and we will see what we get.

To start the day off, I have wound a choke coil as described by Dynodon in another thread. 14 turns per layer, 4 layers thick of 19AWG bifilar. My goal is to find resonant frequencies of this coil and other phenomena they may result from certain frequencies. The Tools consist of a Function Generator, Digital Multimeter, and a light bulb. If my luck is good today, I'll have a high voltage meter for the good stuff. So, I'll get started and get back to this post as I progress. I'm slow so don't wait up for me...

Re: To Choke Or Not To Choke Part II
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 16:18:58 pm »
Nice work, I'll be building this coil after exams.

If my memory is correct, I think Dynodon said there was paper or cardboard from a cereal box as insulation between each layer. This might be a useful consideration depending on how the voltage performs.

When I catch up with you we can start comparing results.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 16:22:35 pm »
i'd use oil as the insulator, that way you won't have gaps in insulation like air or other "leaky" spots

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 17:00:11 pm »
Probably wax paper as from a cereal box container but I defer to Dynodon to definitively answer that.  And wax paper and oil have dielectric properties.  Even vacuum has a dielectric property.  There is no perfect insulator.

Andy

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 18:47:22 pm »
I am glad to see some renewed interest in the kind of experiments that should lead to real results. We know exactly how this coil was wound, and we can advance step by step from these results.

Are you actually using an ec52 core? I can't find any unless I want to buy a $75 minimum order, so i'l be using cores out of CRT monitor flybacks.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:58 am »
OK! I spent the day playing around with various coils and didn't find too much. The one thing I did notice is the choke coil does not resonate or is in constant resonance? No matter what frequency I put through it, it stays the same in voltage and current. Voltage levels tested were 12V and under. I wonder if the power levels I am using are too low to see any anomalies? Back to the lab!

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:06:30 am »
that system requires at least 30 volts input to start working, the test results graph shows it going up to 80 volts, this one was powered through the variac, so 12v wont be enough

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:40:54 pm »
OK! I spent the day playing around with various coils and didn't find too much. The one thing I did notice is the choke coil does not resonate or is in constant resonance? No matter what frequency I put through it, it stays the same in voltage and current. Voltage levels tested were 12V and under. I wonder if the power levels I am using are too low to see any anomalies? Back to the lab!

Did you use any "crowbar diodes"?

Steve