Projects by members > Electrojolt

Bicycle Generator

(1/3) > >>

electrojolt:
I have this thing to use a normal bicycle as a exercise bike. it uses a magnet on a wheel close to a aluminum disk in order to create resistance so the wheel does not run freely. What a waste of energy....

So I decided to built a bike generator so I can exercise and help charge my home UPS batteries.

Will be posting the progress here.

Steve:

--- Quote from: electrojolt on April 21, 2010, 16:30:22 pm ---I have this thing to use a normal bicycle as a exercise bike. it uses a magnet on a wheel close to a aluminum disk in order to create resistance so the wheel does not run freely. What a waste of energy....

So I decided to built a bike generator so I can exercise and help charge my home UPS batteries.

Will be posting the progress here.

--- End quote ---

Thats a nice project A win win situation, as far as i see

electrojolt:
Right now Im waiting on some magnets, will be mounting a total of 72 magnets on the rear wheel.

Donaldwfc:
I was looking at whimhurst machines on youtube yesterday, and they have a small hand crank, and i was thinking it would be pretty cool to have a big pedal powered one, what do you think of that? some of them can make 4 inch sparks or more, would be pretty cool.

electrojolt:
Yes in did it would be cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version