Author Topic: Herman Anderson  (Read 1696 times)

Online Login to see usernames

Herman Anderson
« on: December 31, 2017, 06:55:41 am »
Was hoping something new as usual as Christmas came....I think this is the first year members across the boards hasn't shared something new.
I haven't had time this year... just had a baby boy that turned 7 months on the 25th.
Good luck this New Year, hope the good people from across the land find a soft spot and let loose  :P

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: Herman Anderson
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:20:54 am »
7 months is the minimal age for being a member here.... ;)

Hopefully some people are more willing to share info in 2018!

cheers!
Steve

Offline Login to see usernames

• Build it. Power it. Use it.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:30:12 am »
Was hoping something new as usual as Christmas came....I think this is the first year members across the boards hasn't shared something new.

I came up with a couple of things this past year.  One I'm keeping in my pocket for now, and the other too secret to share (a better capacity changer).  Funny thing is, I just figured out the basic system, then the next day I was digging through a supply crate (behind locked doors) to get a component for further consideration, and found one already fabricated, but never before seen.  Looking at that hardware taught my a couple of things about one potential application.

And I did see one thing new - at least for me - at energetic forum.  They're claiming spark gap electrodes will frost up using the simple but unique circuit which discharges an inductor through the negative pole of a series battery.  I think the discussion is still current.  I'll edit in a link in a little while.

edit:  Sorry, but I can't find it now.  It's under renewal energy, but I'm not a registered member so I can't get past the first page of posts.  It was called "something simple" or something like that.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:56:31 am »
The thing I'm holding onto until I can figure out how to share it without it showing up on YouTube as someone else's 'discovery' is a biphasic capacitor which is different than the commercial component.  That version is used for a tilted phase oscillator which produces a wave form which starts out as a square wave , then tapers off like a triangle .

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 11:35:03 am »
That sounds like something new :)
What can you do with such a capacitor?

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 22:33:07 pm »
I'm using mine to 'split the positive' (e.g.: the pure potential), for a variety of projects, including my charge pump, as well as an attempt to replicate the Hutchinson Effect (anti gravity).

The tilted phase defibrillator circuit's wave form sounds like Herman's cross between a box and a triangle.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:17 am »
That sounds like a good application.
I hope you find good things.
Anti gravity would be fun  :)

Thanks Tek.