Author Topic: Stanley A Meyer Multi-Tier Mag Gas Plasma Generator  (Read 2001 times)

Online Login to see usernames

Stanley A Meyer Multi-Tier Mag Gas Plasma Generator
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:08:02 am »

HeyGrindle2654-- thanks for the update photos  on your project  (you forgot to scrub metadata on picture location,
 Turn off location service on your iphone. I'll work on the photos you sent and post them when I get your ok...

I would probably go for the NiAr  nickel argonide instead of the /iron argonide ( FeAr gas) due to the higher
 magnetic susceptibilityof the former,

Since you are apparently going with the larger inside diameter  tubing  0.5 instead of .375 inches as in the original,
 your cross sectional area will be about 78% higher thus the magnetic flux will also be about 78% higher although
the inverse square rule for the flux (greater distance to the pickup windings)
will likely cause slight reduction in flux strength.  I'll run it through  fluxcalc and the AI programs to get some
 suggestions and improvements on the design specs

The tubing you've selected has a pressure rating of 700  psi so you should be ok on your proposed Torr levels

Since Stan mentions the original gega only produced 220 v at 2 to 3 hundred amps, your improved model will
need much more robust wire on the output than 4 gauge copper cable.    Also I would  recommend increasing
the horizontal distance between the spiral gas channels and to increase dielectric on the wire windings between
 the 6 spiral gas channels to prevent arcing although the voltage potential at 220  v at what appears to be about 12.5
 cm between the spiral  coils possible arcing can be mitigated by a liberal coating of RTV paste or some insulating
 material such as a polyethylene tubing or rubber adhesive tape..

When I talked to Basil about the unit about 7 years ago( now deceased), he stated that he was the one who wound the coils..
He used enameled wire.

Also regarding the gas components::, the argon needs to be very dry  (no water vapor) so running it past drierite (r)
and Freon (r) cooling would probably help.

The attached document shows that the sizing of the mechanical pump was appropriate in the mechanical
EPG series..It is assumed that the mag gas pump assembly was also sized appropriately,  These were used in the
 six tier system and placed in a vertical configuration as contrasted with the single horizontal placement used in the
 magnetic spin epg series...

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 23:24:31 pm by jim miller »

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: Stanley Meyer Multi-Tier Mag Gas Plasma Generator
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 19:20:57 pm »
is there any more info?
Pictures maybe?
Ill guess this is about the epg?

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 22:38:29 pm »
You asked me about the 78% figure..

Your 5//8 tubing has  I.D. of .500,  I.R. is .25 inches   or  .0625 squared x Pi for cross-sectional areA
The  1/2 tubing used in original   I.D. =.375  I.R =  .1875  or .0351 squared x Pi for cross-sectional area
The ratio of cross-section of  gas channels is  .625/.351  = 1.78      (pi cancels out)
Thus your larger tubing as described will be able to carry 78% more gas per unit of tubing length compared
to the original Meyer device

Yes Stan said "the normal operating velocity is 50 ips for the single phase unit and 90 ips for the three
 phase unit" (refer to posted doc)

"When we ran the calcs of the ferro fluid from FeroTuch we we able to calculate that the B500 little giant pump
was capable of pumping the fluid at 50 ips"  Since the gaseous density of  NiAr, FeAr  or CoAr will be substantially
lest than of the EFH1 ferrofluid an 8 inch magnetic linear drive should should be adequate. The density of the EFH
series ferrofluids isbetween 1.21 and 1.42 gr/cc.  Of course,  a density for  gas/plasma would be much less than this
and normal gas law results are skewedby the larger gas matrices and clustering effects...

Since his design aspect of the pumping system was shown to be mathematically designed appropriately,
it was felt that the selection of the magnetic linearpump device that Stan used on the 6 tier system was
also appropriate for the task.

After Stan's involvement in the Star Wars program public display of the unit ceased.....reportedly a NSO was issued for
the EPG technology

Image List

1. Line Drawing from manual
2  High Res Image
3. Video frame from video at Irondmax.com
4. Photo from an early seminar held at  Deer Creek (Oh)State Park lodge
5. Earliest photo from the Broadway Lab circa July 1985 showing gega in background
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:00:55 am by jim miller »

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 22:45:42 pm »
so how does it work?
is all the ferrofluid completly magnetic or the maggas?
I understand that 1 coil is used to magnitise the all of the gas or fluid?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:40:39 am by jim miller »

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 00:02:49 am »
 Looking good!! I see you took the suggestion on a greater distance between the horizontal spiral coils.
 6 inches between the coils plus about a six inch standoff from the base and about 12 inches at the top
for input valves and electronics ( although electronic controls physically and shielded with a Faraday cage
and shielded cables would reduce induced feedback from the circulating magnetic media.)
This construction results in a cylinder about 18 inches in diameter and a height of about 5 and 1/2 feet..
This is about the size the size of a compact water heater suitable for in-house installation.

The composite all thread stabilizers are a nice touch . I'd probably use Teflon (r) n or nylon nuts
 for the spiral tube brackets  which would allow for slight adjustments to keep the  spiral tube
 assemblies level,  Stan used right angle bends in the connectors between the various levels of
 spiral tubing. so there is probably no need to go the wide radius tyle of "l" couplings which are
 a little more difficult to find and are more expensive..

After rough fitting I'd recommend a high melting  temp silver solder or  an air conditioning braze rod
such as pc3  (copper phosphorus base) that make very strong joint.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 14:33:35 pm by jim miller »

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 18:12:23 pm »
Here's another idea:. Use CPVC or PVC pipe sized with a slightly larger I.D. than the composite uprights  Cut the pipe into about 2.5 inch lengths.
 Use a T fitting  and insert 2.5 inch pieces into opposite openings. of the T  fitting and slip them over the  vertical support rods one at a
 time (remembering to thread the adjustment nuts onto the composite rods between each support assembly.

A short support section of  cpvc is then glued into the middle hole of the tee And this serves as a ledge onto which the
spiral levels of tubing can be affixed  Also, this design can incorporate  cross braces between the vertical  support rods.

Like the Perspex (r) base like many of the early EPGs made by Stan,  Nice work!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 14:37:15 pm by jim miller »

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 20:57:55 pm »
In my opinion you are going way overkill on the metal ionization. build. You can just use a neon sign transformer in the 17 kv range
 just sleeve or flood  the production of the transitional metals with argon to reduce reaction with anything but the argon or xenon 
(similar to Heil-iarc welding of aluminum  to prevent oxidation )     That's one of the reasons the argon must be very dry
 or anhydrous.. You do not want anything in contact with the iron or nickel during this process!! that can complete tie iron or nickel
 uter orbit  except  the ionized argon.  I'll see if I have one of the old transformers around...

regards
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 13:41:49 pm by jim miller »

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 16:59:43 pm »
hey grindle thanks for the info on parts,  I'll post them here as you send them.   You need two of them
Regards
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:49:55 am by jim miller »