Author Topic: Gated Frequency Generator  (Read 13881 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: Gated Frequency Generator
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 17:01:57 pm »
Don,

Unless I'm really mistaken and way off, I believe the guys have nailed it.  May we have the schematic now?

kb

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 01:05:32 am »
So don, now the question is what is the science to this manually adjusted frequency that is tuning into particle oscillation...  stan refers to it as matching the wavelength of the gap.. 

We are speaking of particle oscillation, oscillating protons is considered sound waves correct?.  So sound travels around 1497 meters a second (which is its speed of elastic response).. To tune to the speed that it takes for a sound wave to travel across that gap is not in our frequency range.. The only way it is in our frequency range is if we are seeking a acoustical resonance of the cylinder like i stated in the past... Which equates a cell like stans to be around 5-6 khz for acoustics

Have you figured out any of the math don?   

This manual tuning of the particle oscillation remains constant once tuned regardless of water temp and contaminates?

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 03:45:34 am »
I'm not sure how we will be able to find this one frequency.My guess based on the range of the frequency generator it won't be very high.

I also looked at the frequency for the wave length of our tube gap,and it would be very high.Way higher than the generator could produce.But I don't think it has anything to do with the speed of sound between the tubes.We're not looking for the wave length for sound but more the action of the water to stretch and relax from the forces applied by voltage.So it's more of a rubber band effect of the water to get it into a resonance action.We're not trying to move the water from one tube to the other and back,but more towards each tube at the same time.

Stretch, release, wait for the water to come back and than catch it when it bounces back out and hit it again to stretch it some more.Timed pulses to syncronize with the waters action of stretching and relaxing.This action I feel would be at a much lower frequency,mabe due to the viscosity of the water.
Don

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 04:46:41 am »

The only way i can think of to tune to this particle resonance is to tune to the highest rate of production for a given steady input ...

so lets say you have your transformer running correctly and it is time to tune it..

You would need to set the transformer to a constant output level
You would also need to have a way to expel gasses from the resonant cavity while measuring the amount of gasses being expelled and also have a pressure meter to measure pressure level..

You will find your self in a situation like this..
At a set production rate you should be able to build up to lets say 25psi then crack the valve to release some pressure..  You want to regulate the gas being released to "match" the amount being produced..You can find the constant rate of production by getting the pressure and flow rate meters to read a constant (stabilize)..
When this is achieved Then you begin adjusting the vic gating.. If production rate rises then pressure will rise on the gauge as well as flow rate.. if production drops then pressure will drop.. 

What do you think don does it sound reasonable to try to seek a mechanical type resonance by measuring the production rate and tuning the gating to the point which shows the most gas output rate?   This will only work iF the system can stabilize like i think it can..Where you can reach a constant state of production and relate the change in rate of production to the gate tuning..

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 05:02:18 am »
I don't think you understand this whole process.The gasses won't even start to flow until this resonance of the water is hit.The high voltage alone will not produce any gas until it is pulsed to match the resonance of the water in the cell.You won't even have gas flowing until resonance.
Don

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:38 am »
ok gotcha..
I understand the process for the most part don.. I just don't know the allowed variance to its ability to function.. Like does it work if the gating is within 200 hz of the correct frequency.. From what your saying its gotta be dead on.. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:01 am »
As we can select the number of pulses going into the water with 100% precision, in my mind this can be only related as i said before to the voltage level you allow it to go, if you allow 1 two or 2500 pulses depends on the Vic design. If you notice also the Steam resonator uses determined number of pulses per switch if i can call it like that.

So if you let the pulses continue to go without gating it, 1 you create a dangerous condition, in witch 1° it can explode, 2° cause will certainly burn the VIC if not properly insulated.

I have just finished my 6.1 vic the inductances are not that big, for example in air the resonant charging chokes have tx5 1,7 ad 2,2 respectively, with the core the tx4 become smaller than tx5 so just by inserting the laminations i can equal the inductance of the coils. The secondary is 5mh, and now i know the coupling is much much better, so now i can be more free of trouble with the transistors blowing. The primary has 1,4mh..

If you think about the voltage transformation from primary to secondary is irrelevant, cause at resonance you must only think about the secondary to chokes voltage per turn.

cause for example the secondary is = to the charging choke, and the primary is applying or imposing 2 amps in the chokes, lets assume the choke in resonance would have 600ohms reactance therefore it would have 1200 volts across it so the secondary will also have 1200 volts in it and the charging choke too, so this will make a almost theoretic perfect current source!!! Nice isn't

By water resonance meyer mean that it behave like benzene resonance, were the electrons are free to exchange between the atoms. The thing is that you need to achieve this point but prevent the current from leaking thru the water, arc, so the gate controls this too for sure.

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:26 am »
my 6-1 VIC has some pretty high inductance readings. I got one of the cores and bobbins from John and I wrapped the secondary and chokes with 36ga. copper wire. With them on the core Im reading the following: Secondary = 16H, L1 = 8.88H, L2 = 8.88H. For the Primary I used 22ga. copper wire and it measures 10.7mH. The Secondary, L1, L2 all has 150 wraps * 14 = 2100 each and the Primary has around 75 wraps. I then paralleled two 2.2k resistors and then put them in series to limit the current through the Primary. Ive hit resonance at multiple frequencies but around got a slightly higher voltage between 6khz-7khz. The voltage was peaking out well over 1kv. I was using my 8XA circuit to do this with a voltage input of between 10v-20v.