Author Topic: Voltage does Work!!! And Here is why!!  (Read 21058 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: Voltage does Work!!! And Here is why!!
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 10:30:19 am »
Other configuration just crossed mu thoughts, being the outer tube positive in relation to the outside container and the inner tube positive in relation to the outer tube.

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2011, 16:31:07 pm »
I wonder if the 100Kv+ of a stun gun could be useful.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2011, 17:23:29 pm »
I think that any 100kv source is ok it only need to supply for charging the water quick, than a spark gap sequentially discharge the water when desired voltage is reached.

here i have 1000 volts instantaneously and thus 0 amp flow. i just need higher voltage source. i need to re assembly some coils on the flyback core i have to achieve at least 50kv than i will add some choke to see if it become volt less, the only problem i see is the insulation.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2011, 21:27:18 pm »
There are essentially four basic kinds of polarization mechanisms:
 Interface polarization.
Surfaces, grain boundaries, interphase boundaries (including the surface of precipitates) may be charged, i.e. they contain dipoles which may become oriented to some degree in an external field and thus contribute to the polarization of the material.
 Electronic polarization,
also called atom or atomic polarization. An electrical field will always displace the center of charge of the electrons with respect to the nucleus and thus induce a dipole moment as discussed before. Theparadigmatic materials for the simple case of atoms with a spherical symmetry are the noble gases in all aggregate forms.
 Ionic polarization.
In this case a (solid) material must have some ionic character. It then automatically has internal dipoles, but these built-in dipoles exactly cancel each other and are unable to rotate. The external field then induces net dipoles by slightly displacing the ions from their rest position. The paradigmatic materials are all simple ionic crystals like NaCl.
 Orientation polarization.
Here the (usually liquid or gaseous) material must have natural dipoles which can rotate freely. In thermal equilibrium, the dipoles will be randomly oriented and thus carry no net polarization. The external field aligns these dipoles to some extent and thus induces a polarization of the material. The paradigmatic material is water, i.e. H2O in its liquid form.
 Some or all of these mechanisms may act simultaneously. Atomic polarization, e.g., is always present in any material and thus becomes superimposed on whatever other mechanism there might be.
 Real materials thus can be very complicated in their dielectric behavior. In particular, non-spherical atoms

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 21:32:35 pm »
I think the objective is electronic polarization. And probably also the orientation polarization too but less important to the process.

http://www.tf.uni-kiel.de/matwis/amat/elmat_en/kap_3/backbone/r3_2_1.html

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 16:10:28 pm »

Just found one definition to what i'm taking about.

Even when an object's net charge is zero, charge can be distributed non-uniformly in the object (e.g., due to an external electromagnetic field, or bound polar molecules). In such cases the object is said to be polarized. The charge due to polarization is known as bound charge, while charge on an object produced by electrons gained or lost from outside the object is called free charge.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge
Free charge! 

Is the classical example of Electrification by friction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect
[/size][/font]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 16:16:15 pm »
So i'm taking about increase the free charge of the water by taking out electrons from the water bath. Hope is clear enough.

The object is the water bath as a whole so you must mind that you do have a capacitance between the inside and the outside. So if you will take out electrons from the water must be in relation to this capacitance.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 16:24:39 pm »
I believe that there will be a difference between using a glass insulator or a resin. And thus i think that both should be tested.

I say this because glass behave different from resin when rubbed. For example glass would take a positive charge while resin a negative.