Author Topic: Piezo  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• 50+
  • "Help people enlighten to truth"
Re: Piezo
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 18:50:54 pm »
@Alan, a Piezo bolt is a threaded circular type of Piezo crystal that is suggested to have been attached in the slits of Meyer´s pipes, ie in the inner top pipe. I am unsure what he used the crystals/ceramics for in his WFC, maybe to shatter the water in the center cylinder. Another idea, why not use more cylinders like 4 or 6 pcs concentrically aligned so you can hit more water volume and forget about the crystals. There are so many ways and things to investigate one does not find sleep anymore..... ;D

How is efficiency affected when one increases the gap between the cylinders? A standing wave between cylinders has a simple equation, I will check it later. Maybe we can increase the number of nodes.  Thanks for the info about how to find the acoustic freq, we will do it later too...

An audible tone is only heard when I use the Delrin holders and tune into a pulsing freq of about 40-50kHz and the signal is increased when any human being comes near the cell and especially if you put your hands around the whole cell!

• 50+
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 19:38:07 pm »
Plz make a video of this Gauss .

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 19:46:31 pm »
OMFG!...........more mis-info!

There are no "piezo bolts" threaded into the slots on top of the Meyer tubes!
Those slots are for acoustically tuning the outer pipes to match the inner pipe...look at an organ pipe...realize the Longitudinal Voltage waves propagate the same way as sound. This piezo bolt nonsense is a serious leap...and a HUGE waste of resources, both time and money!!!!!!!!!

• 50+
  • "Help people enlighten to truth"
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 22:04:53 pm »
@Radiant, I said it was "suggested" to have been done like that, I have no knowledge if that was the case. 4th of July just passed... ;)

Anyway, since you seem to be into acoustics, can you please tell me the advantage of tuning inner and outer pipe like an organ pipe and how it is exactly done and what your results were?

The idea must be to get more nodes or am I wrong? I do understand Ravi´s conditioning creates more standing waves since you have a crystalline coating, possibly generating two or three times more gas.

Yes I will do a video, maybe this week if my efficiency tests work well on Tuesday. I will record the tone and show what happens. But I guess many already have done it in here? ;D

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 02:40:47 am »
Don't get me wrong...I believe piezo could be very useful (I have attached a patent showing atomic resonance with it)...I just don't think a pieze bolt would work in general. Piezos expand and contract by their very nature...if you apply pressure across a piezoelectric matrix (quartz crystals, certain plastics and ceramics...etc) the pressure is translated across the crystal matrix...this results in H.V. polarity on each side....conversely if you apply H.V. to a piezo it will either expand or contract. It's this expanding and contracting that create the pressure waves we hear as sound. So if u made any type of rigid coupling (bolt, sealing surface, direct clap...etc) it will break apart. That's why in industry piezo transducers are glued on, it buffers it just enough so it doesn't fail.

Anyway, if you look at Stan's "waveguide" pictures you will understand that the voltage involved (pure poynting flow) is a longitudinal wave...(like the piezo's sound waves)....they go in one direction for infinity (or until the transmitting power is dissipated into the atmosphere)....Just like in sound...electricity has two possible longitudinal waves that move in only an outwards direction...it's either a Positive pressure wave (meaning a compression  wave) or a Negative pressure wave (meaning a decompression wave)...these two waves either push or pull the surrounding medium. The push/pull waves create a chain reaction (how sound and electricity travel)....in tuned pipes you can get a standing wave to occur very easily. Shaving the slots also brings the larger outer tube's mass down to more  closely equal the mass of the inner tube for a balanced capacitor action.

What note Stan's tubes were tuned for is still anyone's guess, but it is most likely the same as the electrical resonance frequency for peak effic.

Ravi's conditioning also added more surface area and crevices for bubble "nucleation" to happen...among other things...like the oxide layer is a higher dielectric then the pure metal...etc

(I forgot the patent....I just attached it)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 20:07:35 pm by Radiant_1 »

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 13:08:56 pm »
standing waves in tuned pipes, that is an eye opener. dphi/dt is the strike of the hammer on the tubes.
I think piezo isn't used, because the tubes do exactly that, KISS
We've already got piezo in the signal generator, to create the clock signal :P

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 14:36:23 pm »
I saw a wind chime yesterday

http://goodjobbb.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/resonant-windchime-25306-lrg.jpg

it's made of long metal tubes, that when hit or tapped they vibrate at a tone dependent on their length, i was tapping it and watching it vibrate and listening to it, and thinking how this is so similar to stans long tubes, then must be vibrating at specific tones, and matched/tuned to each other, I'm pretty much 100% sure the tubes are tuned to vibrate at the same tone.

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 20:09:06 pm »
Forgot to attach the patent that lends merit to the piezo idea.....so here it is in a new post