Author Topic: PWM schematic  (Read 12272 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: PWM schematic
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:10 am »
what ever speed stans alternator was spinning at was non variable so if any think he had from my perspective i would say no unless he had the ac style control to lower the speed.. most likely he had to take that set variable and equate all other variables to meet the spec..  im not sure if people are thinking maybe he was running a variable speed dc to the alternator.. but from what i see he had a ac motor running the alternator and the ac motor is being powered by what appears to be a single motor on the right side which is a old rotary style dc-ac inverter.. they used them on power trucks i used to have one.. when ever a load was applied to it, it would kick on and create power... 3 phase generators used comercialy that take 2 phase and make 3 they have to be turned on and turned off to use.. if they are left on without a load they can burn up. so i have herd from a welder i know that has one...

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 02:56:39 am »
I think the cheapest and easiest way for pulse width modulation or signal generation is just shelling out 150 dollars for a decent lab grade unit. If I had known this before I bought the Lawton circuit for the same price, I would have gone with a nice one with tons of options and an LED readout. I found one on eBay for 130 not too long ago. The Lawton circuit works great too, I just like the extra bells and whistles. Unless your replicating, how the signal is generated is really not an issue.

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 06:14:58 am »
I think the cheapest and easiest way for pulse width modulation or signal generation is just shelling out 150 dollars for a decent lab grade unit. If I had known this before I bought the Lawton circuit for the same price, I would have gone with a nice one with tons of options and an LED readout. I found one on eBay for 130 not too long ago. The Lawton circuit works great too, I just like the extra bells and whistles. Unless your replicating, how the signal is generated is really not an issue.

Unless you want to fit the unit in a car  ;D