Electrolysis > Vacuum and heating a WFC

Vacuum and heating a WFC

<< < (2/4) > >>

CarbedNotch:
I think if you pull too much vacuum, the water will boil inbetween the plates/tubes because of the electrolosys process. Its sweetspot would be just before the water boils. The water dosent seem to boil when its UNDER 15" of merc.

Steve:
Cn,

can you confirm that the extra bubbles are just vapour?

br
steve

Voltar X:
What kind of vacuum pump? Try this: Impact Instrumentation (Caldwell, N.J.) MDL # E-12, 12 vdc, 8.0 amps. You'll need to put a pot on it to control the speed. It will pull over 30" HG. Used in ambulances for pure oxygen. Works great! Make sure you use reinforced tubing. Voltar

CarbedNotch:

--- Quote from: stevie1001 on June 05, 2008, 11:50:15 am ---Cn,

can you confirm that the extra bubbles are just vapour?

br
steve

--- End quote ---

The gas that comes out the exhaust of the vacuum pump are weak gasses. About as powerful as a Bic Lighter.
No popping sounds when lit.  Just a dull red flame that wont stay lit on its own. It just affects the lighter flame... Maybe this gas will work good in the plasma arc accelerator??

CarbedNotch:

--- Quote from: Voltar X on June 05, 2008, 14:20:41 pm ---What kind of vacuum pump? Try this: Impact Instrumentation (Caldwell, N.J.) MDL # E-12, 12 vdc, 8.0 amps. You'll need to put a pot on it to control the speed. It will pull over 30" HG. Used in ambulances for pure oxygen. Works great! Make sure you use reinforced tubing. Voltar

--- End quote ---

That sounds like the one to get.   The pot is a good idea to regulate the suction flow rate. I have a regulator on mine which lets air into the system in order to regulate the vacuum. But this mixes lots of ambient air into the charge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version