Electrolysis > Vacuum and heating a WFC

Vacuum and heating a WFC

<< < (3/4) > >>

CarbedNotch:

--- Quote from: stevie1001 on June 05, 2008, 11:50:15 am ---Cn,

can you confirm that the extra bubbles are just vapour?

br
steve

--- End quote ---

Now that I think about it, the sides of the WFC gets foggy like steam at the top...
The cell may be creating hho and steam at the same time?!

Tommy:
I hate to state the obvious guys, but putting water under a vacuum lowers the boiling point. You will get your regular amount of gas output from the electrolization but the rest is steam. This may be great for a plasma type setup with steam and gas mixed, but it's not going to burn well with a regular spark. Can we do something with the steam before it condenses? ???

chaolo:
I just got this idea while reading this topic.
i hope this might give some of u some tinkering....

Hydrocars:
Why not just super heat the water under a pressure above the xombustion engine, and release the fuel in the combustion chamber so it can convert instantly from a liquid to it's gas form?

Newguy:

--- Quote from: Hydrocars on February 10, 2018, 20:46:39 pm ---Why not just super heat the water under a pressure above the xombustion engine, and release the fuel in the combustion chamber so it can convert instantly from a liquid to it's gas form?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joule%E2%80%93Thomson_effect

I refferanced the Thomson effect thinking steam under a huge pressure drop would freeze or is it the other way around?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version