Author Topic: tube suggestions  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

tube suggestions
« on: December 30, 2007, 00:47:00 am »
It is winter break for me at college and i have been working my tail off to be able to afford materials for a WFC.  I was looking around online and wow, that 10 tube cell that stevie put together is a nice piece.  I was maybe thinking about going with a bigger diameter plexiglass tube with the same legnth.  I saw someone who had sucess with an old ford truck with  a "Joe Cell."  I am sure you all know what this is, but has anyone had any experience with this type of cell.  I was going to try and make multiple "Joe Cell" style multiple tubes with a stanley meyers layout.  To clarify Instead of only putting 2 tubes with a 1.5 to 2mm gap, i would put maybe 3 or 4 tubes in a mutiple setup much like stevie which would have a total of 30 to 40 SS tubes.  I need to power a V8, so i might need a little more gas than the average 4 cyl.  I was also thinking about using some old nitrous oxide solenoids on a carbureted intake manifold to plum the HOH gas into my cylendars.  Please give me some feedback.

Thank you
Badnova56

hydro

Re: tube suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:44:05 am »
i cant disagree on you doing that because i havent seen it done! i will tell you this, my cell i made the way i wanted, i didn't go by what others did nor what their cells looked like. i seen stanleys and i was on my own!

after i got my cell working then i started to find forums.  totally up to you how you want to make it. you could end up with the "WORST CELL", or the "BEST CELL". its just a chance that you're taking if you decide to go that route.