Author Topic: Important information  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: Important information
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 23:09:28 pm »
@Dankie

Yes, I was pulsing a low power neon sign transformer that is rated 5kv when driven at 120VAC....I was driving it at 12VDC. So the power spikes were much lower...but definitely HV...at least around 300-500V impulses. (Too hard to tell on my scope...off the charts)
So, yes a random xformer, a random choke, and a random capacitor.
What you have to realize is there was NO AMPLIFIER STAGE in those videos....I was pulsing it straight from the 555 (sharpest signal u can get really, adding amplifier stages degrades the square wave)....So, the power is EXTREMELY LOW!!! Max output from a 555 before it blows up is around 12v @ 190ma....that's around 2 watts...mine were running cool at around 80ma or about 1watt....but, it's a square wave (on half the time)...so the out put is divided by two, so it's really less then 1/2 a watt.

As you can see in this video, the voltage is very high indeed. It is high enough voltage to travel over my dry skin (which is a very large resistance)...this phenomena is very interesting!

You have to understand...ANY setup will have a natural resonance. As long as it include SOME R=resistance L=inductance C=capacitance. So, you could make a random WFC, a random choke coil...and a random transformer.   No matter what the values are...that system will resonate at some frequency. You can sweep through the frequencies with a probe on the WFC and see resonance when the voltage spikes up.

P.S. If anyone has a copy of a video I made a while back where I pulsed an ignition coil with a 555 and captured charge on one wire and discharged a xenon bulb....I have lost it and would like it again.
It is another example of resonance....and in fact i made a companion video showing the standing wave all my house and in my oscope w/o a connection made!!

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 11:12:16 am »
Here's a good read to understand the various flows on a wire

http://creatorguy.com/files/Ortho1.pdf

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 14:33:07 pm »
excelent find radiant_1 .. i find this pic helpful for one of my questions..  notice the wire is making a-fields next to the core.. the a-fields create on big b-field. the b field is really the same as a field.. its just the product as a whole, meaning all winds working together.. now my question to all is about the primary winding.. stan meyers was a smart fella.. when he wrote the tech sure there was some miss spellings and what nots.. but when it comes to describing how to wind a wire i think stan would be very direct and clear.. so clear it can seem unclear lol.  he says "Primary Coil (26) (typically .030 Ga.) film coated magnet wire is longitudinal wrapped in
space relationship on top of and layered bidirectional
(507a xxx 507n) across spiral-wrap coils
(501a xxx 50 In) to complete bobbin cavity (504)."

look at a globe and you will notice longitudinal is north to south.. which means from one end of the core to the other.. not wound around it..  layered bidirectional.. imagine if you were winding the primay on a 2-d object such a ace of spades card.. the back of the card would have one direction while the front of the card is 180 out so when u are winding each time you fold the wire to the other side it is change direction by 180.. now think if that card were to be wound and sat on a table for observation.. would the wind not be layerd? now take that playing card and cuff it around the vic bobbin where its wound north to south. think of one pulse going through the cuffed primary.. it will start at one side and pulse around the core to get to the other end of primary.. all in all it would be using the primary wind to imitate the b field.. it would be fueling the power in a vice versa manner then todays ways? i like vice versa idea's.. winding it that way would also put primarys current out 90 degrees like stan mentions in a video.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 16:27:49 pm »
feature=related[/youtube]
feature=related[/youtube]

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 17:07:34 pm »

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 17:23:11 pm by outlawstc »

• 50+
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 17:35:04 pm »
that bi-directionnal word is probably nothing special , Radiant's xformer was just a regular neon transformer .

Radiant_1 , whats your take on this , this workd "bi-directionnal" ?

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 17:51:05 pm »
define space relationship.. what space is he relating the wind to?.. to me the most defined relation there is on  a 3 dimentional object would be the poles..  and to be longitudinal wrapped would be from north to south in linear direction.. to consider it the way it is now.. wound end to end back and forth.. would be worded somthin like.. wound in a longitudinal direction...

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 20:21:35 pm »
im on a roll of finding good vids today