Projects by members > Dynodon

Resonant Cell

(1/6) > >>

Dynodon:
In this post I will go into the resonant cell design.I will describe the set up that Stan used and how it all worked.

Dynodon:
This section will go into the details of the cell in the attached file at the end of this post.

Inside the cell was 11 tube sets.They were in a circular pattern,just like the demo cell.All of the tube sets were sunken down into the body of the case.The tubes were only three inches in length.The ouside tube was shorter than the inside,in order to keep them at the proper spacing.The water entered from the bottom of the tubes through a passage that fed all the tubes together.Water flows up through the tubes and into the water chamber above the tubes.Then there is a passage in the center of the cell that the water flows back down through,and out of the cell back to the tank.

More will follow.
Don

hydrogenmask:
Don this gives me the impression that the system is not under pressure when in operation, what do you think?
Where is the pump situated, is it pumping before the inlets of the tubes, or is it sucking from the outlets ?

Dynodon:
More details about the cell chamber.

The top of the chamber has a pressure relief valve set by spring pressure.There is also a 0-50 psi transducer to monitor said pressures.Also the gas output port is there as well.The outlet port has the quenching tube hooked to it.This tube has five sets of six holes in it.These holes are between .010-.015 inches each.It's about 5/16 inch dia.

At the base is where the water inlet and outlet are located.This cell is run under pressure.The water pump is the same as a late model fuel injection type of pump.Albiet with stainless internals.

On the inside wall there was five or six screws that went through to the outside in a single row going from the bottom up.These I would take to be a water level sensor.

So thats all there is to the cell itself.

The  most important thing here is the tubes are completely covered in delrin.

Don

Steve:

--- Quote from: Dynodon on November 19, 2009, 22:10:28 pm ---More details about the cell chamber.

The top of the chamber has a pressure relief valve set by spring pressure.There is also a 0-50 psi transducer to monitor said pressures.Also the gas output port is there as well.The outlet port has the quenching tube hooked to it.This tube has five sets of six holes in it.These holes are between .010-.015 inches each.It's about 5/16 inch dia.

At the base is where the water inlet and outlet are located.This cell is run under pressure.The water pump is the same as a late model fuel injection type of pump.Albiet with stainless internals.

On the inside wall there was five or six screws that went through to the outside in a single row going from the bottom up.These I would take to be a water level sensor.

So thats all there is to the cell itself.

The  most important thing here is the tubes are completely covered in delrin.

Don

--- End quote ---

Thanks Don.

The question is still how much flow of gas can one tube set handle. Brian and I made many tests with tubes. There is a limit on the flow of gas.
How much gas should one tube deliver?

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version