Projects by members > Komtek

Tube_Set_1

<< < (2/6) > >>

komtek:
Dankie I got the Stainless at $2.50 a pound in a scrap yard a couple years ago.
I don't think the scrap prices changed too much since then.
But I had to visit many scrap yards until I found the stainless.
The good scrap yard with stainless has it all sorted out in 20 foot long cubby sections but its 100 miles away.
 
Steve I chose the small type tip holes to test to see if the gas will cluster together and come out in larger bubbles, we'll soon see. Hopefully the magnetics will enhance the gas. And the wire is a 18awg lead going to each tube so its good for several amps per wire.
It is working on another tube-set right now and there is no heat build-up at all on the wire. Its changable if I run into problems.
 
And Haithar the plastic I got real lucky at ebay  all_acrylics had this size for $11.01 per 6' had to buy twice but they were good on the shipping only charged for one and a little more. Still the shipping had cost more than the parts. But it was the correct size I needed!

Goeytex:
Komtek,

Very Nice Work.

komtek:
Thanks for the kind words Geoy, Warp, hopefully this tube_set will provide a modest production with the alternator.
 
I have 2 alternators set right now (GM si10 and Ford 1g), but really like the Ford alternator best.
The altenator I'm using is a old 1g small case. I have the large case Ford here and did order the 200 amp stator replacement because I wanted bifilar leads inside on the stator. (Want the 12 leads) and did not want to rewire the heavy gage wire in there.
The guy mailed me a 100 amp stator and when I confronted him last week he called his supplier and then called me back and said sorry about that, and the 200amp model should be on the way. Reminds me I should give him a check up call.
 
This will give me 3 alternators and 6 stators I have. One of the stators I already rewired to 70 wires in the well, thats loops of 35 of #23awg. That rewind does not work the same set up as the standard modified Ford I'm using.
Also have to modify rotor power requirements, so I have some work cut out for me.
When this gets done I'll start a new project thread on the alternator set I'm using.
 
Meanwhile I'm just starting to do a leak test on the new cell.
 

Goeytex:
I like the use of the liners. 

In case others haven't tried insulating the outside of the outer tubes,  this assures that only the water between the tubes is subjected to the electrical signal. 

When uninsulated bare tubes are in the water bath,  all the water in the tank area  is exposed to the positive charge applied to the outer tube(s).  I have found that the voltage potential  between the outer and inner tubes increases significantly when the outer tubes are insulated. 

Goey

komtek:
Yes I agree the use of liners allows whatever signal or energy you put in to be focused on the tubes and not wasted or dispersed in the general water bath.
This should by theory produce better efficiency.
 
It makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version