Author Topic: WFC VIC  (Read 135811 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: WFC VIC
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 16:35:26 pm »
Thanks for your clarifcation Dynodon.
Regarding your setup, did you measured the output voltage on cell @ resonance with an oscilloscpe?
If I remeber correctly some time ago you were having trouble in voltage swinging on bought +ve and -ve sides. Did you solved that issue?

Online Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 18:02:05 pm »
The way i see this vic from now is like a iron powder with maybe some resin small core, will make a very bad coupling and so mainly what i want to say is that it behaves much as an air core. Is too thin the iron in my point of view so it must behave like an air core.

I was making some experiments and if i just hold a magnet half meter far from the transformer it vibrates, at lower frequencies, hum there were also more amps at lower frequencies. Well, I just found interesting that the field was so big so perceptible  far from the transformer.

So if the primary was also 29awg wire, must should need to be a reason. The transformer if consuming maybe less half an amp, to drive one tube as stan said that the buggy used 12v 4,4 amps... maybe 400ma for each vic. This is much different approach from what i tried to do. Maybe that was my error. Working at this densities is completely different than using slow mosfets with high amp ratings to switch the primary, witch have to do also with the precision. 

Don did you made an estimative of the number of turns? Has anyone tried to desiccate the vic? From those who you talked with?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm very curious about this.

Br
Fabio

Thanks again for all info you are bringing here.

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 18:09:26 pm »
Alan,I have no info what so ever on the steam resonator.It's just not of any interest to me.

HM,I measure voltage with a oscilloscope,and it's set for 10x probe,hooked through 10, 10 megaohm resistor devider.So on the scope it comes out to 500 volts per division.I've had it up to 4kv at one time at resonance.And yes thats a swinging voltage between positive and negative.I will still working on that issue when I get back on it full time again
Don

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 18:13:29 pm »
4KV an no bubbles?
Perhaps with variable width plates or by playing with the dutycycle?

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 21:54:46 pm »
sebosfato,your mixing up stans designs.The resonant cell only used milliamps.Your talking about the demo cell current at 4.4 amps.Your making the same mistakes as alot of people,mixing up designs and circuits.Anything metalic for a core material will change the inductance, no matter how small the core is.I haven't tried to figure out the number of turns Stan used on the coils.It really doesn't seem to matter.More turns ,more voltage potential.

Alan,my pwm doesn't have adjustable duty cycle.Thats something I will be changing.More testing needs to be done when I get back into it soon.
 Don

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 22:37:47 pm »
Don, were you able to get a capacitance reading from your cell? using the scope i think there is a method to do it from the discharge time, i haven't tried mine yet.

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 00:09:15 am »
I have a B&K LCR meter,and have measured it with that.But have no idea on how to use a scope.My scope has stopped working,but I might have found the problem.It has been a hit and miss on working ever since I bought it.My cell measures @ 50uF with city tap water.Thats for a 3 inch long,3/4 inch outside tube with .090" gap,and the center tube is a little longer.
Don

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 00:26:58 am »
my meter is a VC6243

I get 130 uF with rain water, measuring just one tube on my tubular array, 0.0625 gap

i'm just wondering what kind of inductance to look for, to target 10,000 hz resonance