Electrolysis > Plate Cells

-

(1/2) > >>

alvas:

-

Steve:
Alvas,

thanks for sharing your odd results!
I like it very much when people are trying different things. I also have some of those crazy sesions in my lab...
Your results are interesting. I read that Andrea puharich also used glas in his wfc.

because of the unusual setup, i would like to ask you to publish some photo,s if possible. Maybe a video too?
That would help us to understand yr description of yr setup.

my first comment would be:
what kind of amp meter do you have? A digital one?
Secondly, electrons travel slow in water. Very well done with having patience on possible results!

What are yr next steps on this?

br
steve

Steve:
Hi alvas,

time is the biggest problem for many of us.
Nice to read your tests!

Do you have an theory on the glas effect?

br
steve

itzon:

--- Quote from: alvas on July 27, 2008, 18:32:47 pm ---Hi Stevie,

First of all thank you.

I put this out here so other can test different configurations with glass and SS.

I  don`t have much time do test all my ideas because i have a Industrial company that is time consuming.

There is many ways to make these cells and have some new ideas allready.

I used a digital multi meter on that setup. ( Tested it on an all SS cell that is -+- right before, and it showed 2 amp. so it `s working.)

I came up with this idea when i heard Stan Meyer talked about restrict the amps  ;D

First i made an all ABS plastic cell.... notting to it.
Then plastic and SS... still notting.
Then an all PET plastic cell...notting
Then PET and SS... notting
Then all plywood...notting
Then  plywood and SS... a bit gas production but the plywood won`t  last long in water anyway.

And finally a SS and glass cell.

My "plan"  is to make a bigger cell and use higer voltages. High voltage and low current  as Stan said...

This is low current.

Kind regards
alvas
--- End quote ---

I have been contimplating doing some similar experiments based on reading about the "triboelectric effect".  Most of what I've read pertains to static electricity, but I beleive it has some relevance to what we are trying to achieve.

Glass gains a positve electrical charge according to http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/static_materials.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect.  At the other end of the scale are some plastics and teflon.

Did you try reversing polarity on any of your tests?

Please try reversing polarity on your glass and SS setup and see if production stops.  This simple test may show some important data as to wheter the type of insulating material has any effect on the release or collection of electrons in the cell. 

Thanks for posting your info,

Mikemongo

Steve:
Great info, Mike!
Also a good question for you Alvas..
Can you make some minutes free to do this test request?
Mike,s comments do make sense...

br
steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version