Author Topic: How to wind a VIC coil  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: How to wind a VIC coil
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 19:23:07 pm »
The copper wire of 10-4 seems to be secondary bifilar wrapped as in 8-10.
another hint to this is:

Resonant Charging Chokes Stages (56/62a xx 56/62n + SS56/62a xxx SS56/62n) of Figure (10- 
4) that are not only electrically connected in sequential order but likewise magnetically linked by
Inductance Coupling field (511/512a xxx 511/512n), as so pictorially illustrated in (580) of Figure
(6-1).
which are, when you look at 6-1, the inductance coupling fields of the chokes and secondary.
Think about this: how would you wind the coils if secondary pickup coil is bifilar wound like 8-10?

Really a mystery, no clear explanation at all.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 20:00:25 pm »
The copper wire of 10-4 seems to be secondary bifilar wrapped as in 8-10.

what copper wire.....figure 10-4 says stainless steel.

• 50+
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 20:13:25 pm »
The shaded coil is SS the not shaded is regular copper.  Or vice versa if you want.  One is copper and the other is SS,  That is for the internal windings ie chokes, the primary and seconday are both copper.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 20:23:53 pm »
Secondary pickup coil is bifilar wound in this pic.

also compare the second pic (pulse from battery) to 10-4

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 20:42:57 pm »
The shaded coil is SS the not shaded is regular copper.  Or vice versa if you want.  One is copper and the other is SS,  That is for the internal windings ie chokes, the primary and seconday are both copper.

No, wait, in 10-4, copper (magnetic) points to shaded, non shaded is SS: signal 49 on SS would be like 10-1 to 10-3, so what is copper used for??

perhaps this is the truth:

The effect of the increased impedance is strikingly illustrated in the two experiments of Prof. Bjerknes when copper is deposited upon an iron wire, and next iron upon a copper wire.  Considerable thickness of copper deposit was required in the former experiment, but very little thickness of iron in the latter, as should be expected.

http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1892-12-21.htm

(sorry for the thread hijack :P )

• 50+
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 20:44:13 pm »
Seems to me like both chokes are being fed the same signal from the secondary , only difference is their direction .

Reult will be the same than with a perfect bifilar thats only getting pulsed by one side . Choke 56 will induce the same exact current/voltage in choke 62 .

In this case both chokes are being pulsed ,so one induces the other and vice versa ... no big difference .

Alan , just saw this , will read up later .

I`m in class now , supposed to be listening .

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 20:44:24 pm »

no where is this stated in the tech brief for figure 10-4 that the shaded is ss and teh white is copper.......and also it says to water gap....not to resonant charging chokes if that was the case....seeing that it does say to water gap proves this is the resonant charging chokes....and not the bifilar secondary configuration.

now figure 8-10 is a bifilar secondary.....but i rather not go there.......i am trying to understand the basics before adding more coils to the coils i already do not understand.

Bifilar Secondary
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 02:24:30 am »

Ok I figured out the difference. The original reference I made was to figure10-4 the multi core vic.
Forget about that I'm going with 6-1 configuration.

Sorry for any confusion I figure after I get the simpler once work I'll move on to chapter 10

Burntwire