Electronics > Best WORKING circuits for WFC

Frequency generator PLL driven with pulse control (Stans VIC)

<< < (2/3) > >>

sebosfato:
I'm constructing a new pll witch i'm going to use only high speed 5v htc chips and i'm going to solder the ics directly in the board to minimize the capacitance between the pins. My breadboard worked really strange.. I found that the potentiometer was broken but i decided to construct a soldered circuit cause i'm not sure if the problem was exclusively the potentiometer, i lost a couple of days.. ... The gate circuit i'm going to use the one i already have working... I will put everything in a closed box to act as a faraday cage.. to try have some more stability...

I need to buy some more pieces but i'm out of money and is carnival here all store are closed like in led Zeppelin song. 

I condensed the pll the high speed nor gate the driver the voltage regulators and a frequency divider this board will have 1 potentiometer... It will also have the lock in indicator circuit all in the same board. 

I'm thinking to use a connector where i will connect all the things that interacts with the circuit so i can easily take it out of the box like potentiometers leds inputs and outputs.

Lot of work here soldering... The board is 2inches X two inches.
=)

Alan:
I don't understand how the pulse indicator works; the signal from the feedback coil is rectified and fed into an opamp, doesn't it just mirror the input signal  into a TTL signal?

webmug:

--- Quote from: Alan on March 07, 2011, 16:59:10 pm ---I don't understand how the pulse indicator works; the signal from the feedback coil is rectified and fed into an opamp, doesn't it just mirror the input signal  into a TTL signal?

--- End quote ---
It is basically a clipping circuit connected to a opamp as schmitt trigger, generating TTL pulses.
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/H.M/UGLabs/briefs/d1.htm

br,
webmug

sebosfato:
The antiparallel diodes limit the voltage to a maximum of 0.7v and the resistors in series limit the current, so you can always get the same signal voltage, than the opamp clean up and amplify and balance the signal so you get a perfect stable and clean square wave signal..  this goes to pin 14 in the pll...

To test it is easy you simply pulse your primary (in saturation) and work in the circuit until you get the right signal for the pin 14...

sebosfato:
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version