Author Topic: Water fuel cell =  (Read 6750 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Water voids
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 13:12:02 pm »
this is where people get confuse my friend meyer used the classical theory not anything new... he just knew it more profoundly than us...

HAve anyone ever tried making an arc thru water?

I found that avalance effects can occour in water caused by voids that forms when huge electric fields are applied... basically the water eletrostriction effect as molecules allign voids are created with low pressure.. creating a mean free path where electrons can be accelerated between collisions...

the voids are smaller than air bubbles but bubbles also can contribute to this...

when we have a bubble or void the electric field will have a jump because of the dielectric change

• Global Moderator
half empty
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 22:46:04 pm »
a partially filled cell would have a impedance jump at the level of water air..

since the cell is a transmission line the waves going into the cell when see a different impedance they partially reflect... i imagine it would create a higher voltage at the end tips of the cell..

when a coil is disconnected it creates a spark given the magnetic field is being converted to electric force to take over air resistance and keep the current flowing...

how else can we convert this magnetic field to voltage?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 23:10:17 pm by sebosfato »

Online Login to see usernames

Re: half empty
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 21:55:25 pm »
a partially filled cell would have a impedance jump at the level of water air..

since the cell is a transmission line the waves going into the cell when see a different impedance they partially reflect... i imagine it would create a higher voltage at the end tips of the cell..

Meyer did have a diagram showing a cell which was half filled with water.  This way the top half of the cell acted as the Gas Processor stage.  If there is a higher voltage at the end of the cell, that would provide an argument for polishing the electrodes.  It's known in the field of fusion reactors that electrodes with mirror surfaces can withstand higher voltages without arcing, for any given spacing.  But can a cell act as a transmission line when it's much shorter than the wavelength?

when a coil is disconnected it creates a spark given the magnetic field is being converted to electric force to take over air resistance and keep the current flowing...

how else can we convert this magnetic field to voltage?

We can also break the magnetic field.  Or perhaps cancel it suddenly, with a reverse signal.

• Global Moderator
Re: Water fuel cell =
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 14:51:25 pm »
maybe the waves must be small to transform impedance at the water TL...

water cell is around 2.7 ohm caracteristic impedance if view as a TL i calculated it somewhere... coax calculator for impedance https://www.pasternack.com/t-calculator-coax-cutoff.aspx

without water it become 24ohms

Horvath also mention the cell is 75% filled with water

regarding the magnetic field i agree if we apply pulse to it it will collapse... problem is that a magnetic field cannot be created instantaneously... so it collapse in electric form changing the magnetic flux
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 17:26:19 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 17:40:30 pm »
i´m doing my fracture cell again improoving it actually with the knowledge i have today about metalization...

i used a graphite piece to metalize the plastics such that it can be used as a dielectric correctly...

i would like to have a biger vaccum chamber such i could do copper or aluminum vapor deposition... this would be the ideal... the idea of using a metalized plastic you dont get air between the electrode and plastic interface so air is not ionized... corona destruction is so prevented,,, although there is some resistance it allow the dielectric constant of the plastic to show correctly since it make a better contact and impeed the air from interfere,,,

• Global Moderator
EEC
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 16:28:31 pm »
Hello

i was reading some old posts from the past 2010 about the ecc and i found that actually we thought of some very interesting things back than... today of course i have a better understanding and posture to look more clearly at it..

specially regarding some experimental results we faced about the cell showing a negative spike after power disconnected..

i did a course on hydrogen fuel cell technology in 2012 and it was very interesting and i learned how the PEM works and is assembled with the electrodes and catalyst... well the triple layer resulting is the resposible for the ability to extract an electron from the hydrogen atom and bring it to the oxygen thru the outside circuit while the proton travel thru the electrolyte...

the question i always posed to the teacher was if the was not a way to increase the potential of the cell by applying external fields.. they always arg the impossibility of this...

well in my opinion it could be that meyer found a way to create electricity in a manner as consuming part of the hydrogen output making it give up electrons in the system while receiving a huge electric field that drive the proton and thereafter the electron thru the circuit.. not that to much of a voltage is needed but the question is how to apply and sinc the power into and out of the cell..

i have now more understanding of how to use scr i will try to make some drawings

• Global Moderator
Radar
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 16:31:12 pm »
even meyer say it is a resonating circuit and self sustained oscillation occur until there is no more water

in a cell the hydrogen is ionized by a catalyst making the electron free to move...

the the water cell the hydrogen is generated at the cathode... where negative is applied..

while the fuel cell the hydrogen split at the anode into a proton and electrons.. the oposite of electrolysis.

if we were able to charge up the cell in parallel with a coil with dc than the cell was sequentialy subjected to a reverse electric field this electric field would force the protons back thru water leaving the electrons at a potential they can be discharged..

hydrogen is atomic inside the double layer and as it is desobed it gives up its electron easily...

the key maybe is to generate electricity out of it..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 17:29:34 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 17:41:36 pm »
a fuel cell has a limitation that arise from the fact that hydrogen eletrode is negative and so atracts the protons to itself so there is a kind of reverse electric field there limiting the cell operation... as we close the circuit the electric field goes to the external circuit allowing the electrons to be discharged but as there is movement of charges there is apotential drop according to a polarization curve...

theres 3 factors limiting the reaction... so there is a matching impedance where maximum power could be obtained from it.. and its not of course the point of maximum efficiency.. as the load aproach a short circuit the current is maximum but voltage is zero so low power if current is low the voltage is maximum so max efficiency..

hope it help anyone think about it.