Author Topic: The Right Question?  (Read 28402 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: The Right Question?
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2015, 02:03:08 am »
i have done some tests today with amp restriction dissipating some power... burned a finger but the insight was valuable..

i tested my theory of the reverse pulse basically it generated few bubbles on rain water at 4ppm

but the voltages was not very high across all cells... i got up to 15kv pulse reversal... getting up to 2kv on charging in this case i tested all cells in series... i will try half the number of cells and just one or two also to see what happens.. maybe too many cells in series become too much resistance in the form of water...

i came up with the following thought about amp restiction... when we get a flyback to operate in shutoff  condition if we restrict the amps the voltage first is greater and than the phase of the current and voltage are alligned... thats because during pulse off the diode must open the circiut so during pulse on it must conduct but if amps are unrestricted the magnetic field of this current will impeed the rise of voltage since its detracting from the magnetic field of the primary

another thought that i´m working on is that my first experiences was on big coils... some how i had a good feeling about them and i was thinking about what meyer says about electrical force... when we get a coil of small weight theres less energy involved into developing a potential over it

we could think a coil as a capacitor that splits its charge because of  changing magnetic field... so its a potential energy accumulated on the coil.. if a same leght of wire having a voltage induced in it has different thickness..its clear than that this capacity of the coil is more strongly visualised... when we load the coil is the same as when we load a capacitor but as the primary is still acting it will keep the internal potential on the coil

if we want a stronger magnet what we do?

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2015, 05:35:05 am »

theres limit because of freq and skin depth .  old car ign coils are large compared to modern small ign coils which go direct onto spark plug
some projection TV flyback coils are large ... like a handful , but relatively unusable compared to small computer CRT flybacks

I think on this thread there was link to hyperphysics about coulombs , also had a bit about copper atoms and available free electrons so , the idea of more conductor is true but the hi freq and skin depth comes into it too 

I have an electric fence coil which I will use 1 day , very well insulated for long life , these are low freq to get the most of the coil and send it through who ever touches the fence  , I guess maybe ferrite core

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2015, 05:52:04 am »
Good point massive thanks for answering,,,

yes i think it too the skin effect would somehow come into play but i guess there could never be an internal current into the wire even if it was too thick i´m i wrong? right?

anyway i´m thinking to use 18awg i have 2kg for a bifilar choke... its skin depth should be 17khz

so maybe there is a limit in the thickness of the copper that is useful for increasing too..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:35:34 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2015, 14:14:18 pm »
I have though of the following

in a wire if we consider the line of the wire the x axis the electric field is in the x axys and the magnetic field is in a tangencial axis around the x axis...

i dont know how is the word in english for that...

but my though is in a tokamak they use amagnetic field to create a magnetic chamber where the molecules in the chamber with have a magnetic field to travel in...

i was thinking that if we could make a toroidal coil over the coil we are resonating than something could get really interesting..

i´m going out to get some proper epoxy for my new giant...

lets hope i´m right....

anyone remember puharich? doesnot he had two unterminated chokes connected to the cell?

in my point of view he did the same analysis i do as the cell being a spring and the coils the mass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2015, 11:45:07 am »
if we have to much strong spring to break we would need a equivalent lot of mass...

if we have a maximum flux intentisity how do we get a greater force?

for example a magnet canot have more than certain magnetic field for a given size...

if you stick two magnets together you get what?

a stronger magnet...

for me is the same with the wire... why a thicker wire secondary will provide more amps?

so if the chokes now are seeing by me as isolated pulsing electric field sources than i want them to apply the most force possible.. how is this possible? if we need a biger force we need a bigger ?

i believe electrical resonance the first that brought me here to this forum may be the key..

if we get a lot of power recirculating in a system i believe there may be lots of forces involved too no?

i doing a new giant coil to see what happens...

• Global Moderator
Conclusion
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2015, 13:07:44 pm »
after some years i see how the vic works with more clear today and i believe what i see now...

the vic must have be connected with 3 coils being that the 2 chokes subtract the secondary potential so if they are at separated coil formers they should be connected end to end start to start

and cell start end of a chokes

this way the field colapse.. hahahahaha

so this is just as the same as having it pulsed from a dc source and thats what the 8xxa should do right ?

so the first thing i ask myself  is ok shoudl it not appear the double pulse in this case?

certainly...

meyer said just that

the secondary reverts the pulse when the pulse terminated making the diode to open the circuit allowing the chokes to colapse producing a unipolar voltage pulse...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2015, 13:17:27 pm »
it apear to me that the energy in the secondary collapse must be the same energy of the chokes colapse to it go to infinity without burning the diode... so meyer get one coil over the other as the must go in the techbrief

Online Login to see usernames

• let the voltage do the work
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2015, 21:12:18 pm »
It's almost new year in a few hours here, what do you mean unipolar pulse? The magnetic field can create lorentz force even if the magnetic field strength H is zero , if one field is going one way the other the opposite way , you do simple gallilean transformation for speeds of B flux v<<c and the force is 2F. Now the faraday-maxwell law is incomplete imagine a circular loop what is the field vector at exactly the center of the loop, there should be an equation that gives zero emf for zero radius not the equation of maxwell, if the circuit isn't closed or doesn't form a loop why is there no emf ? a unipolar pulse is hard to imagine but what if a north field is increasing and a south field is decreasing there should also be an electric force 2F. Can there be induction in capacitors?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 21:43:10 pm by geon »