Author Topic: voltage perform work?  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: voltage perform work?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 13:58:14 pm »
yes steve this is the way!

i'm testing my theory but yet didn't worked.. but i'm damn sure is all about timing...

I think the important thing to understand from your source is that a polarized object is not a charged object.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:12:46 am by sebosfato »

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 14:24:33 pm »
yes steve this is the way!

i'm testing my theory but yet didn't worked.. but i'm damn sure is all about timing...

I think the important thing to understand from your source is that a polarized object is not a charged object.

Hi Fabio,

I have here a vandergraaf generator and i ran some tests with it.
Not one buble sofar.
I tried several setups. Two electrodes in the waterbath. Also one electrode in the bath and the cup with water on the metal hood....

Maybe somebody else have ideas on how to get the charge from the VDG into a waterbath?

• let the voltage do the work
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 15:57:07 pm »
Are you going back to the grounded capacitors ? The timing is important, if there are 2 cylinders in series ground/+ -/ground the capacitors are formed when charge flows through ground to outer electrode but this way current comes from the battery, if you cut the battery when you open the ground, charge and current comes from the ground , maybe if you find ultrafast electronics it will work but you have to reach speeds close to speed of light. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_electricity

Re: voltage perform work? - VdG
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 17:16:58 pm »

I have here a vandergraaf generator and i ran some tests with it.
Not one buble sofar.
I tried several setups. Two electrodes in the waterbath. Also one electrode in the bath and the cup with water on the metal hood....

Maybe somebody else have ideas on how to get the charge from the VDG into a waterbath?

You have to use an Intermediate Electrode (IE).  A small cymbol from a drum set works quite well, but the lid from a sauce pan might also work.  The IE is centered and suspended a short distance above the top of the VdG.  This will cause thin little sparks to discharge from the VdG to the bottom of the IE.  With an unconnected IE, after a while a heavy yellow spark will shoot from the top of the VdG to the middle of the IE, and a lot of yellow sparks will shoot out from the edge of the IE.  Every pair of these rim sparks will fork together, kicking the cymbol off to one side or another.  (Just like a flying saucer, but without enough energy to lift.)

The connection wire from the IE to the Cell should have around eight losely spaced windings around a half inch air core, to prevent the main discharge from going to the Cell, should it happen.  Other wise, pulses to the Cell will occur with the little sparks between the VdG and the IE.  With more than one Cell, each should be connected to its own region of the IE.  The cell's other electrode should be grounded.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 22:59:36 pm »
Hey Steve, oh boy thats pretty nice!!!

is it positive or negative one? i guess negative right?

i'm not sure but you could use it as a source of pulsing high voltage if you get a proper spark gap right?

what frequency would it generate?

at this point i would polarize the cell and shot with it... of course you need some chokes on the polarization part..

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 13:51:00 pm »
picture of the device

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 02:45:35 am »
Wow!  THAT's a Van de Graaf generator.  That one looks like it'll produce 500 kV to 750 kV.  I've read that the frequency of the little sparks it makes is around 100 kHz.  Just right for electrolysis.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 23:15:29 pm »
good work man

i'm working into something here too.. i guess it will can go up to 200kv in a less than a use

does it creates those sparks on water? how about salt water?