Author Topic: April 28th, Latest Alternator Schematic Update  (Read 7793 times)

hydro

Re: April 28th, Latest Alternator Schematic Update
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 18:10:29 pm »
i heard boyces cell has taken on a great charge, and the coating is acting as a diode or barrier or summin.. due to the fact that its a series cell its very high voltage, and the coating has something to do with the freq bob sends to the plates, without that coating the frequecy want work,, Odd huhh?

i have been ill this past week, its due to low gas generator probably.. sorry about that people! I will take a break, day or 2 then i will start back over,, i may also order me some new SS tube that T304 and not 316L like i have, this could also play a roll in both bobs and Meyers setup,, any thoughts on the type of SS?

Tommy

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 00:28:57 am »
Stainless Steel is a very interesting metal. It is an alloy of Iron that has had at least 10% chromium added to it to improve it's corrosion resistance. There are slight differences between 304 and 316 stainless steel. 316 stainless is generally harder than 304, and is also more corrosion resistant due to it's higher molybendum content. 304 stainless steel is more of an all around alloy because of it's workability. It is easier to form and weld than 316. Oh yeah, and 316 is more expensive!

Those are about the only differences between them. The similarities they share are that they can not be heat treated, rather they must be strain hardened (cold rolled). If they are hardened they may take on a slightly magnetic state. They must also be kept below 1600 degrees F to maintain their corrosion resistance.

I don't really know if that helps, but there may be something in there that will confirm or deny your feelings about the different types.

Offline Login to see usernames

• 50+
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:10:25 am »
 I don't have a lot to say here. We have been working with SS for the past 20 years. We have a welding shop, and manufacture Sand Scoops, for recovering objects found in the Ocean, with Metal Detectors.  We use 304 SS. It is NOT rusting, or we would have been out of business years ago.

I'm not about to get in a pissing contest with Metalurgists and other authorities. Just telling y'all what we have found. In the beginning, we used a STEEL wire wheel, to buff off the impurities from Tig welding, and had complaints about the scoops rusting. We switched to SS wire wheels, and never looked back. We were told that the steel would embed tiny particles into the SS , and THAT was what was rusting. Sure changed things, immediately ???

Maybe this will help a little in building cells ???

I recently returned from the states, and brought back, 15 plates about 3" X 4½" X .065 of 304, to see if I can get a cell working.

I don't have much in other materials , so we will see what I manage to cobble up.

Oh yeah, I DID get my books about Hydrogen, while in the states, but, it is all straight Hydrogen info. If anyone feels it still might be usable info, tell me what your needs are, and I will be glad to post it in the correct thread.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:14:19 am by haroldcr »