Author Topic: Primary outside  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Primary outside
« on: July 05, 2014, 16:40:48 pm »
I found in a book something indicating that is better to get the primary outside a secondary coil bobbin having the high voltage at the inner point of the secondary... (close to the core)

Re: Primary outside
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 19:35:14 pm »
ok

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 20:21:35 pm »
A cavity surrounded by conducting walls is a fieldfree
region as long as no charges are inside the cavity

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 21:11:14 pm »
okay?

• let the voltage do the work
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 23:01:49 pm »
whats the point of this?

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 01:28:20 am »
Yea what is the point of this? I cant figure out whats going on here?? Are we learning how to make HHO efficient or just making random statements about who knows what?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 16:42:57 pm »
well I just posted two valuable informations, you could use it to generate hho or to create an spaceship is up to you...

primary outside the secondary makes the secondary better coupled to the core than the primary, and the field lines cut the secondary wire better according to the book i saw...

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 17:40:03 pm »
Hmm well I have read a few books on transformer design myself.. There are many aspects to transformer design other than which wind goes where.. Just to name a few things considered in design. For higher freq transformers choosing a wire which allows full diameter usage of current based on skin effect.. Winding cores in ways to reduce fringing flux, Choosing the right core based on the amount of power planned to be applied, Choosing proper gauge wire to get the desired current density in primary and secondary in relation to wind ratio. Applying a window utilization factor to design to ensure available window space.. The list goes on for designing a transformer..
skin effect, fringing flux, proximity effect, eddy currents, current density, max field density in teslas for a core, permeability of a core, saturation current, Remanent flux, coercive force,  hysteresis, H field, B field, mutual inductance.. just to name a few factors commonly used in design.

Can you explain in detail as to what all the benefits are for primary on top of secondary?