Author Topic: The Dc resonant transformer  (Read 25114 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: The Dc resonant transformer
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2014, 18:31:31 pm »
  thats very cool…

I was thinking about how wrong i was in my assumptions and decided to look deeper into the problem.

Lets suppose you get a coil and a magnet free to move. And you apply a north opposing field to make the magnet move away from the coil.

In my analysis what happens is that the magnet going away induces a south in the primary and that induces a counter electromotive force that limits the current going into the coil. Now lets analyze if there were a secondary there. The positive into the dot of the primary makes the dot north pole as makes also the dot of the secondary positive but a current flow into the secondary induces a counter magnetic field that reduces the force that makes the magnet go away. .

The back Emf induced by the motion of the magnet is in same direction of the induced positive by transformer action...

I have thought about the thane bitoroid transformer, and imagined how it suppose to operate.

Basically the primary induce a voltage in the secondary but the back magnetic field generated into the coil by the current flowing into the load has another path to go, this path goes to another secondary and sums with the primary field to induce in this third secondary a voltage. but his design if both secondary are loaded their field seems to counter each other.

I started than to think about what if we had a kind of diode for magnetic fields. I though, and maybe a magnet or electromagnet could be handy on that.

so i created two alternative paths for the magnetic field reaction from the secondary to make it always reforce the primary field in both secondaries. each reforming one another…

who knows...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 20:37:45 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 20:40:58 pm »
(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13209;image)

This is the configuration i thought using the magnets as field "diodes" So the reaction of one secondary can go to the other and the reaction of the other can go to the first…

Mainly is the same as thane bi toroid idea except it has two polarized paths..

(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13211;image)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 21:06:30 pm by sebosfato »

Online Login to see usernames

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2014, 21:58:37 pm »

This is the configuration i thought using the magnets as field "diodes" So the reaction of one secondary can go to the other and the reaction of the other can go to the first…

Mainly is the same as thane bi toroid idea except it has two polarized paths..

That's a nice looking core you have there.  Should allow for some experimental variations.  Let us know if you get any scope shots.  The field "diodes" concept seems workable, and I think some others have shown the effect.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 19:09:49 pm »
Those cores are the biggest i could get…

I'm trying also this another idea.. check the difference between the systems..

One is electrically coupled only

(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13217;image)

the other is electromagnetically coupled…

(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13219;image)

Notice that the Feed back form a resonant circuit!

• let the voltage do the work
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2014, 21:07:03 pm »
any updates?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 23:53:30 pm »
lot of working little time for testing… but i'm keeping thinking and drawing 

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2014, 07:12:27 am »
Interesting idea of using magnets as field diodes.. from my studies a core when the H field energy is removed it does not reverse in magnetic field on the collapse of magnetic field.. The magnetic field collapses to the remnant flux level of the particular  core.

But then also you can see a secondary will ring positive and negative voltage swings in a open circuit condition giving the appearance of alternating magnetic field.. this may be due to the fact that it is literally micro or nano current shifts in a open circuit wire which creates the voltage swing.. and may have little effect or need of field reversal to happen..

Placing magnets in the transformer loop will create a sort of programmed remnant flux level.. which can cause the core to be much closer to its saturation point allowing limited power input to be possible..

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2014, 14:00:57 pm »
i compared the magnetic configuration proposed by thane heinz and willian barbat and they are the same..

But barbat uses the terms the primary must be coupled more to the shorted superconductor coil tnan to teh secondary...

The magnet brings the core almost to its saturation if its too close. I'm using plastic separators to try getting around this side effect. not tested yet but the idea seems that one path would have very low reluctance to the flux from both secondaries.

I'm more focused on the other design with the toroidal cores... and feedback circuit...

I'm doing it with the CC cores...