Author Topic: The Dc resonant transformer  (Read 25108 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: The Dc resonant transformer
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 15:44:47 pm »
The best power supply for testing it is a variable dc source and a variable frequency source.. having a 2 channel oscilloscope… of course an Amp meter could be nice too.

First apply dc and frequency and watch the signals. If the secondary reverts the polarity before the pulse terminates than the frequency must be increased or the dc must be reduced since its crossing the ZERO magnetic point.

• let the voltage do the work
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 16:02:18 pm »
when a magnetic field decreases a magn. field is generated in the coil in the same direction as the decreasing field..  right? what am I missing here?

maybe what you say happens in the off state supposing you let sufficient time between pulses?.. but the energy is the same
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 16:18:30 pm by geon »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 16:17:57 pm »
Yes.

(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13200;image)

The induced current according to lenz, creates a magnetic field that oppose the movement of the magnet. A reducing field is equivalent to a magnet getting away from the coil, if a north gets away from the coil the coil generates a south pole to attract the magnet. So yes is in the same direction if the field is reducing.

I don't know what you are missing i guess you understood. 

Lets just resume it here

Pulse on!
Positive into the primary dot, the primary generates a counter field relative to the magnet in order to reduce the field only down to zero in respect to time.
The secondary contrary to physics laws of induction have a negative induced in the dot so the direction of the current creates magnetic field similar to the primary thereto also opposing the magnet field helping to reduce it to zero.

Pulse off!
The field now increases.
Positive out of the primary and secondary dots, here the secondary or primary if also loaded, generates a field that oppose the magnet field up to the point it reaches the maximum field stoping changing flux mean no more induction.. 

If its everything correct… i'm not perfect i can miss something… only tests can show if i'm correct or not.

i'm not sure about the primary polarity during pulse of but i'm going to rethink that some more ten times.. =-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 16:38:25 pm by sebosfato »

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 16:29:44 pm »
for the sake of simplicity is this how your setup looks like?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 16:53:46 pm »
Its very simple but still complicated analysis since is not equal to everything learned in university.

I'm thinking about the pulse off time is not exactly as a magnet getting closer…

Its also very strange from the point of vieu from self induction...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 17:14:43 pm »
Here is how it should go

(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2817.0;attach=13202;image)

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 17:35:54 pm »
still I get different field directions invert all directions except for the last arrow.. :P

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 17:37:52 pm »
Is hard to see but try thinking in terms of induction and flux changing… Start from the pulse on, because there you known the flux is reducing…