Author Topic: EEC the mission  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
EEC the mission
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:17:56 am »
I was looking into a book about fusion and found that they use a hydrogen plasma since its the plasma which has the most equilibrated relation between the positive and negative charges possible!

This mean that if you were able to extract electrons from the system it would result in a positively charged gas

I read in this same book that one way to get monoatomic hydrogen or oxygen is by electron attachment dissociation meaning that

H2 + e- = H + H-
or
O2 + e- = O + O-

So i started to think about how many ions would correspond 100 amps as per Meyer's example...

so 100 amps = 100 coulombs per second times 3600seconds = 360,000

This means that 360 thousand ions would need to be formed in one our!

Lets say we get a 1000 engine so it would need at 3000rpm 1500000 liters of "air" per hour...

if at cntp than this mean 22,4liters equals 1 mole of gas molecules... this mean that is possible to calculate the density of ions necessary for getting this amps!

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: EEC the mission
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:13:02 am »
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofMathematicsandPhysics/ampr/tfield/dea.html

Hi Fabio,

Good find!
The questions is in this electron attachment case, on how to do it....

Here is a pdf from nasa which is highly interesting!

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:29:40 am »
So most electron sources come from Thermionic sources like:

Low pressure mercury gas discharge lamps.

Like Andersen said: using soft x rays.....

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:55 am »
Or maybe build your own electron gun  :)
See attachment...

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 23:56:26 pm »
I was looking into a book about fusion and found that they use a hydrogen plasma since its the plasma which has the most equilibrated relation between the positive and negative charges possible!

This mean that if you were able to extract electrons from the system it would result in a positively charged gas

I read in this same book that one way to get monoatomic hydrogen or oxygen is by electron attachment dissociation meaning that

H2 + e- = H + H-
or
O2 + e- = O + O-

So i started to think about how many ions would correspond 100 amps as per Meyer's example...

so 100 amps = 100 coulombs per second times 3600seconds = 360,000

This means that 360 thousand ions would need to be formed in one our!

Lets say we get a 1000 engine so it would need at 3000rpm 1500000 liters of "air" per hour...

if at cntp than this mean 22,4liters equals 1 mole of gas molecules... this mean that is possible to calculate the density of ions necessary for getting this amps!

does that say 22) 4 litters = 1 mole of gas molecules?

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 00:01:25 am »
So most electron sources come from Thermionic sources like:

Low pressure mercury gas discharge lamps.

Like Andersen said: using soft x rays.....
Herman was saying to get the density required for the combustion chamber he used soft xrays to increase the density(weight) of the gas by a factor of 2 where hydrogen's mass density is 1 into deuterium's mass density (weight) of 2. :) I think another important part of Herman's system is the standing pipe... that thing had some preasure in it... I had to actually glue the lid on mine to keep from leaking gas.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 00:07:12 am »
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofMathematicsandPhysics/ampr/tfield/dea.html

The questions is in this electron attachment case, on how to do it....

A steady supply of electrons. ;)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:56 am »
I guess the calculation is correct... the avogadro's number is defined acording to this constant of the gases its all related...

22liters and 400mililiters = 1 mole of molecules gas... it can be oxygen, hydrogen, whatever gas...

this mean that if you split 18 grams of water you get 1 mole of hydrogen H2 and 0,5 mole of oxygen  O2

33,6liters of gas

I guess the idea of ionizing the oxygen positively for example would imply that the gas is now a charged gas and if its flowing into a tube theres going to be an electric field associated with it...

if it gets into the engine also charged the engine should have and the car is going to have an electric field...

I mean i think that this must be counter balanced maybe by charging the hydrogen with its electrons... If the charge is balanced than equilibrium could be found...

The deal might be that if the oxygen is charged and hydrogen is charged too when oxygen is going to have to form with monoatomic hydrogen and oxygen

Since the nitrogen coming from air is also being charged positively its going to react maybe with the also negatively charged oxygen...

Its meaningless applying high voltage to a steal tube that has gas flowing thru it, just because the electric field inside a tube is 0

The idea than is that only high insulation can help! And probably what is needed is to steal electrons from air and deposit them somehow into hydrogen and oxygen coming out of water...

Maybe could be as easy as having two ionizers one positive and other negative running from the same source of high voltage... and two isolated flow of gases... maybe two hair dryers hahahaha

many ideas not much time here...