Author Topic: The VIC AND ALTERNATOR VIC  (Read 7085 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
The VIC AND ALTERNATOR VIC
« on: March 23, 2013, 22:04:44 pm »
I guess i understood the function of the alternator and something else.

Did you guys modified the field coil?

How can you put 5 v 2 amps into a field coil that has at least 3ohms and 20mh? Oh yeas still pulsing it to 5khz?

I guess none of you perceived this in order to be able to change the field coil!!!!!!!

I was at the physics university and asked my teacher if the combination of the collapse of the field of the armature coil and the relative motion would create a compound  effect, she said the only thing that matters is the flux variation!!!

For this i guess the alternator is a way to send this high repetition rate pulses with the benefit that is simple in arrangement and powerful by its nature.

But in effect the field coil must be connected to the center of the Y connection thru a diode and at this same point is where the drain of the transistor goes so where pulse goes.. also the field coil must match the armature coils... i guess 20 to 30 turns might be enough....

The reason for meyer changing than to the 8xxa circuit is to use the pair of coils to do this same thing.

I guess those high turns coils were not the real deal! the real deal stan never showed in my opinion and was never publically found.

Again the idea to use two coils and to have a switching diode is that during pulse on one coil is charged and during pulse off both coils discharges in series with the cell and source but the drain is maintained at ground or only up to source level!!!!!!! at the switch instant!!!

Thats why the coupling is so important!!! thats why they must match in size...

But how to increase power?

increase frequency but reduce Ohmic losses and inductance values!!!!!!

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: The VIC AND ALTERNATOR VIC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:56:03 am »
Hi Seb,

I have had 5v and 2 amps on the rotor coil.
Done that with no change to the rotor coil.
I cannot remember if that was done with pulsing or strait dc.

Can you draw what you mean with your statement?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 03:59:10 am »
Well i tell you bro 5khz would make only 10ma to flow or so.... But what i~m saying is that this field should collapse too so it must be charged with current than collapsed
(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2652.0;attach=12398;image)
Well that if i understood it well

I made some tests about what i~m, talking regarding the biflar chokes...  the waveformes are as i expected to be, square during charging and a peak expponential discharge...

Simple.. .two coils same size, coupled in series with fields adding, so one side connected to positive dc the midle(between coils) connected betwee the transistor drain and ground, and the other side a diode floward biased connected to the cell having its other plate connected to ground... so with no pulsing dc already flows.... because diode is foward biased... during pulse on the diode prevent the cell to discharge and during pulse off the energy goes all to the cell

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:07:36 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 05:29:47 am »
my problem here is that i use a old car battery that does noot hold much charge... anyway now i~m going to change the transistor to a better one to be able to put more power into it...

I mean the voltage drop at the transistor is important, if you have for example 200mohm during conduction this mean that if you consider another 100mohm for the internal resistance of the battery and 100mohm from the coil resistance you get maximum a,perage of 12/0,4= 30amps not good  if you want at least 500 watts on the load...

the inductor value tells you how fast you can charge each pulse...

cosider the L1 the field coil and the other coils L2

I found that this connection helps saving the transistor from high voltage kick back... adding this to the second bobine which in turns reduce teh potential thereto nulify the kickback from the point of view of the transistor ](if the coils match) i guess

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:26 am »
I believe meyer simply got a way to deliver maybe up to 500w at 5khz @high voltage to the tubes.

12v 50 amps is my target...

Something that is strange is that the discharge peak is too much a peak in my first test here, this mean that maybe we should go into the hundreds of khz range to be more effective...

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46:46 am »
Well i tell you bro 5khz would make only 10ma to flow or so.... But what i~m saying is that this field should collapse too so it must be charged with current than collapsed
(http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2652.0;attach=12398;image)
Well that if i understood it well

I made some tests about what i~m, talking regarding the biflar chokes...  the waveformes are as i expected to be, square during charging and a peak expponential discharge...

Simple.. .two coils same size, coupled in series with fields adding, so one side connected to positive dc the midle(between coils) connected betwee the transistor drain and ground, and the other side a diode floward biased connected to the cell having its other plate connected to ground... so with no pulsing dc already flows.... because diode is foward biased... during pulse on the diode prevent the cell to discharge and during pulse off the energy goes all to the cell

Now it looks like a buck converter....

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 17:07:47 pm »
Is not buck exactly,, i guess this is more boost.... since during discharge both coils sums with source

try kirshcof laws in this circuit

analyse the potentials

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 19:25:29 pm »
Its indeed a kind of boost converter but different than boost where the potential across the switch during pulse off is = to the potential applied to the load. in the case of the circuit i drew the potential at the drain is not much bigger than the source potential during the pulse off thereto collapsing of the fields...

What allows this is the magnetic coupling...