Author Topic: My pll circuit  (Read 24548 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: My pll circuit
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 16:49:26 pm »
The pulse indicator circuit should be arranged to not show pulses out of the resonance range... thats why the 5v is there and there is a resonant scanning circuit or manual tuning...

If the signal get resonance the output of the feedback coil is greater than 5v and so the pulses start to correctly feedback...

I found this in simulation...

So stan circuit is more correct, but like i said a pnp transistor should be used for the led to indicate correctly...

It act like a schimitt trigger somehow

If the led is off your are not close to resonance...

so the turns number are critical to set the sensibility.... and another thing is that is must do have a real resonance gain there otherwise no happy...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 17:08:11 pm by sebosfato »

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 18:16:14 pm »
The pulse indicator circuit should be arranged to not show pulses out of the resonance range... thats why the 5v is there and there is a resonant scanning circuit or manual tuning...

If the signal get resonance the output of the feedback coil is greater than 5v and so the pulses start to correctly feedback...

I found this in simulation...

So stan circuit is more correct, but like i said a pnp transistor should be used for the led to indicate correctly...

It act like a schimitt trigger somehow

If the led is off your are not close to resonance...

so the turns number are critical to set the sensibility.... and another thing is that is must do have a real resonance gain there otherwise no happy...

In other words, if your turns on your primary are 100 and your input voltage is 10V, then your pickup coil should be 50 turns or less?

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 18:22:51 pm »
probably something like that or less...

at least this makes sense... you can discriminate the frequencies by its signal level... otherwise it will try to tune to whatever signal it receives...

Stan called Resonance feedback, pulse indicator, meaning that it indicates where there is resonance...

the lock in led should light than only when lock to resonance...

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 18:29:10 pm »
probably something like that or less...

at least this makes sense... you can discriminate the frequencies by its signal level... otherwise it will try to tune to whatever signal it receives...

Stan called Resonance feedback, pulse indicator, meaning that it indicates where there is resonance...

the lock in led should light than only when lock to resonance...

I always had a feeling it should be that way, until Tony's diagram said it should be the same.  Not to mention that in all of Meyers diagrams that the feedback coil is always demonstrated as being smaller.

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 18:40:50 pm »
TS this is my analysis, and could also be wrong...

For me this explain why he used this 5v there and this inverting amplifier... otherwise like i pointed before he could have used non inverting amplifier but the impedance of the input is almost infinite so any signal is detected...

notice i connected the 5v to the positive input, so the output will only become low when the voltage at the inverting input is higher than the positive input...

I believe he set up the primary and the feedback coil and pulse it up to the point no signal is show than add the chokes and make it resonate to try detecting the frequency...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:52 am »
I just made a simulation... and seems like the pulse indicator circuit at the patent works kind of perfectly... respecting the fact voltage going in must be smaller than a certain threshold for pulses to not be detected all the time. if you add a capacitor than it captures the signal because the signal at resonance is stronger than with no resonance...

Stan talks about the signal being able to lock into molecular resonance... yes i read it again...

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 15:33:22 pm »
I just made a simulation... and seems like the pulse indicator circuit at the patent works kind of perfectly... respecting the fact voltage going in must be smaller than a certain threshold for pulses to not be detected all the time. if you add a capacitor than it captures the signal because the signal at resonance is stronger than with no resonance...

Stan talks about the signal being able to lock into molecular resonance... yes i read it again...

Add capacitor where?

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 16:18:04 pm »
where you want,, whatever capacitor will form a resonant tank.... in series or parallel... 

I guess with the vic the chokes become the capacitance like---