Author Topic: My pll circuit  (Read 24491 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: My pll circuit
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 06:25:48 am »
There is something I must very strongly emphasize.  The coils must be connected EXACTLY in the right way or none of this will work.  I am not talking just about the chokes either. The primary, secondary and chokes must ALL be connected with correct polarity according to their poles for the resonance to work properly.

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:41 am »
I guess you mean choking the secondary voltage... and having right polarities relationship between primary secondary diode chokes and feedback coils right ..  ;D

I'm getting back to this hell soon.

My mind is blowing i simply continue non stop thinking about it all day night and dream... no rest no peace... being quite a long time

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 17:01:17 pm »
I guess you mean choking the secondary voltage... and having right polarities relationship between primary secondary diode chokes and feedback coils right ..  ;D

I'm getting back to this hell soon.

My mind is blowing i simply continue non stop thinking about it all day night and dream... no rest no peace... being quite a long time

Which may seem rather odd, but I don't just mean relational to the other coils.  I have found at times that if I completely reverse all the connections it will work better even though logically it should behave exactly the same in theory.  There is definitely an "art" to this as Meyer's stated.

TS

• Global Moderator
New schematic
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 22:32:30 pm »
This includes the correct coils polarities according to my theory...

• Global Moderator
more updates newer schematic
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 00:45:22 am »
With this schematic if the output is connected to the input it will lock within all range from 1.5-250khz
the 220pf i added to the lock in circuit helps the led to indicate lock up to 500kz tested---

The alternative design is mostly according to stan schematic as possible.. it use opposite polarity for the feedback coil...
the not gate implemented will allow the led to light only when there are pulses going in, otherwise a PNP transistor could be used (without the not gate)... its an inverting amplifier in this case...

Re: more updates newer schematic
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 17:34:03 pm »
With this schematic if the output is connected to the input it will lock within all range from 1.5-250khz
the 220pf i added to the lock in circuit helps the led to indicate lock up to 500kz tested---

The alternative design is mostly according to stan schematic as possible.. it use opposite polarity for the feedback coil...
the not gate implemented will allow the led to light only when there are pulses going in, otherwise a PNP transistor could be used (without the not gate)... its an inverting amplifier in this case...

Should be RESONANT with one N.  :)

Thanks for the updates.  I'll try some soon.  I'm hoping some of these modifications can be easily done on Tony's circuit board.

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 17:47:28 pm »
I think is possible yes...

I tried to run the transformer and the result was unpredictable... the frequency become a function of the voltage applied.. if gated a kind of sweep is generated... i guess because of the filter components...

it locks at specific frequencies and something strange is happening theres a point where the frequency in the feed back doubles... now i need some time for the digestion...

oh and the multimeter connected to only circuit ground bips loud like if 1000v were applied between the leads... with as little as 10v applied...

the feedback coil i used same wire of the chokes... just some few turns maybe 10 or 20... wiorks perfectly... perfect square wave sometimes....

the voltage applied increases the frequency up to the maximum... at 12v or so it already reached 270khz... in my case

i'm connecting to the cell now...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 17:48:40 pm »
now i'm interested to know why he Stan... was also modulating the voltage...

This simple oscilloscope helped me a lot understand the things better...

Now it opened a whole new tests possibility for me... i will be aways trying to lock in to resonance...  8)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 18:58:59 pm by sebosfato »