Author Topic: More volts more turns...  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: More volts more turns...
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 13:26:33 pm »
The same value in comparation to what?Stan's? Every book i read about transformers does not mentions the neetness of the windings but i so a short old documentary about coils and says the factors that influencess inductance are....http://www.youtube.com/user/Venturecaplaw/videos
Search the coils docs...I'v noticed that myself :i mada a messy  small vic injector like all in one coil,and from 26v pulsed i got 2v output...so...neetness is important,btw nice chokes ..seems factory made...what's your jig your winding?....
Here:

direct link
feature=plcp

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 13:46:27 pm »
The same value in comparation to what?Stan's? Every book i read about transformers does not mentions the neetness of the windings but i so a short old documentary about coils and says the factors that influencess inductance are....http://www.youtube.com/user/Venturecaplaw/videos
Search the coils docs...I'v noticed that myself :i mada a messy  small vic injector like all in one coil,and from 26v pulsed i got 2v output...so...neetness is important,btw nice chokes ..seems factory made...what's your jig your winding?....
Here:

direct link
feature=plcp
Don't say these are the coils Stan had  8) Just to give an DIY example winding coils.

The inductance and capacitance are always under external influence; earth spin, day-night, temperature, angle etc. It's never possible to have exactly the same values. Everything is an approximation, calculating this is never possible, but good guessing.

My DIY coil winder is shown here: http://open-source-energy.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=170&pid=4964#pid4964

Regards

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 14:22:25 pm »
Some hi-tech stuff, you feed the wire manually i presume,my coilwinder is manual with a poket calculator for counting...verry frustrating when winding 10.000 turns

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 15:14:00 pm »
Seb sorry for dissapoint you but you can calculate all day long because the real thing is totaly different.I build some time ago one vic tr.:primary 15 turns 18awg /sec:7000 turns 30awg /chokes 1000turns 30awg.the pr.was pulsed with 26volts and got about 230v output with barely no amp power,and when i hooked up to cell same anoyng story:voltage drops to 2v.I am tired winding douzens of coils with no result,and to be onest if you don't have proper winding machine that could make a perfect wire by wire arangement the efort of windind manualy tousands of turns is in vain,because if you don't wind it perfect you lose inductance,therefore voltage output.How do you explain flybacks have almost the same ratio of winds between primary and sec. as mine but be able to output 20kv..because are factory made and isolated properly,if a single turn is a little offset it will short out internaly by arching....the point is you cannot do manualy what factory does...You can do transformers with the limit of several thousan volts,from that on the arching ocours and your in trouble....But more testing needs to be done and i run out of wire...time and patience,and without a scope i am blind...Keep up the good work!!!

And yet Meyers made his coils with a drill. 

Hmmmm.

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 15:59:33 pm »
Adys

I'm not going to apply voltage across the water, just a few during pulse on...

The high voltage will appear during pulse off but is a potential only in reference to infinite... the circuit is open... as there will be a charge separation maybe there will be some reading...

I mean when you connect a flyback to the cell what you are doing?

A flyback acumulate energy during pulse on and discharge it during pulse off.. if you connect to the cell this discharge will see a short circuit so the difference of potential you can read across the cell is minimum... will be equal to the current times the resistance like..

The vic allows some min amount 0f current to flow during pulse on accumulating energy into the core, and during pulse off this energy become pure voltage potential energy... The vic apply high voltage but not across the water but across the chokes that are made for absorbing this high voltage almost entirely so just few volts arrive to the water, not that you are wasting energy like in the flyback case as its being accumulated to collapse later...

You see the difference?

a flyback or a common transformer will try to apply a potential difference across the water...

the vic creates electrical voltage zones...

I don't know if you followed the later discussions we had about the vic configurations... i suggest to you to check it out...

I'm betting that the only correct vic was the one shown in the patent wo 89/12704 where the chokes subtract the voltage of the secondary in series...

About my wild idea.. i started thinking about it because i wanted to find a way to preserve the switch while achieving yet great power input... but also what made me curious was where stan says in the patent that the choke is connected to the oposite side of the primary coil and later in the same text he show that there is no electrical connection between primary side and secondary side of the vic.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 16:17:06 pm »
I'm using a dc motor and few resistors to control its speed while connected to a car battery,.. it is my 0,5hp motor from the other project...
So my winding machine is fully non automatic so i got to count each turn...

What i'm doing is counting it mentally but not perfectly only approximating, as i aways lost the counting.. but i'm measuring the weight with a nice scale i got here and also the resistance and inductance of the wire... so this are my measuring tools...

A good measuring is the resistance and weight, you can also determine the awg of the wire with this measurements and a table... I had to do it here because i didn't knew what wire was here for me to use... I mean is very harder to work on wire length...

The final test is to turn on the vic with a full wave bridge driver and measure the coils voltages at very low power applied.. to be sure they got the sizes i want...

And addys is not that easy to make such high voltages at home made transformers, because of insulation.... air is a shit around high voltage cables... it destructs insulation... corona discharge...

I say this because i already went to transformers manufactors and saw their processes... i try to use this to construct my ones... but i'm always thinking that insulation is going to cause me problems...

the ideal is to use oil, vacuum, epoxy sealing... 

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 16:46:57 pm »
I tried the trick with the resistors to slow dowd the speed but i burned them in a few secounds,i bet you have high watage resistors,otherways it will burn because the motor  want to draw amps and the resistor barely manages to opose...Why don't you use a poket calc with a cam to press the equal button it's easier then to weigh the wire and do crazy math formulas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 18:34:35 pm »
Hello addys

try high watage resistor or make one with resistance wire...

My motor is a dc motor was rated 90v 5 amps 1700rpm if i feed it with 12volts only 0,5 amps flow... I than added some resistors and thin wire coils i had here all in parallel with a high watage variable resistor i think its 2w 1kohm those from vishays with 10 turns wire wound... it do get hot and seem that it was kind of damaged when turning it but i can adjust nicely the torque of the motor... I didn't measured the resistance, i just tried an it worked nice with the values i got here... I don't let it turn too fast, just enough to force the wire to keep well fixed, and i don't get bored...

In the future i will make it controlled from transistors and with easy reverse direction button, speed... instead of changing the wires polarity, resistance...

Hope i don't need to do this modification if the thing works...  :)

i just took a measure my chokes has around 4,5henries with the CC core... around 1000 turns

so the secondary should have around 18H