Author Topic: THE V.I.C.  (Read 27230 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: THE V.I.C.
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 16:47:48 pm »
Yes webmug i did, The leakage current also depends on that plus circuit resiststances..

I just did the first test... The igbt burned when i was going down with the frequency... Gas output at first attempt =)

Not much really but it was increasing as i was going down with the frequency...

I'm going to add a bit of protection on the switch...

lets see what happens..

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 17:26:07 pm »
Yes webmug i did, The leakage current also depends on that plus circuit resiststa nces..

I just did the first test... The igbt burned when i was going down with the frequency ... Gas output at first attempt =)

Not much really but it was increasin g as i was going down with the frequency ...

I'm going to add a bit of protectio n on the switch...

lets see what happens..

Would be a good time to make some videos. 

TS

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 18:21:49 pm »
Yes webmug i did, The leakage current also depends on that plus circuit resiststances..
Ok,

Lets punch some real values in the theory.

I want to restrict current using the EbP when the WFC has 1nF, 250ohms measured with LCR BK meter at 10kHz. I use RAIN WATER and have the 3 inch WFC Stan specs.

The WFC ESR is 250 ohms and not frequency depended.

What coils do I have to design to have the right signal transfer without the voltage drop due to the WFC connecting the chokes and secondary coil?

If you can calculate this...  ???   :)

Br,
Webmug

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 00:01:21 am »
Balance of the day:

Many igbts and mosfets blew...

I used the variac to feed the field winding of the alternator... and used the alternator as the dc source, it was much better than the variac,,,

If just had a decent oscilloscope i could see those spikes and protect my system better,,,

No wonderful production yet...

I tried with tap water...

I don't know webmug, the resitance of my water here with this new tube cell... Nor i measure currents flowing yet, i just varied the frequency... at 10khz it kind of resonated...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 01:20:07 am »
I'm thinking about adding a diode an resistor in series ) in parallel with the primary... seems there is too much energy in the core ...

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 02:02:46 am »
Probably getting back EMF.  I've blown a few diodes in my PWM because of that.  Usually I use an extra diode in series or a 220 ohm resistor in series.

(although I am not an expert by any means)

TS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 07:01:58 am »
Thats what i'm going to try

Yes its the energy that the secondary is not coupling ..

Thanks ts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 17:28:47 pm »
New tests done today,

Much increased gas productio n, not able to measure it but is clearly visible better than when pulsing from the variac...

wish my motor was 2 hp instead of 1/3HP i could push up to the limit with the pulses where the alternato r stops the motor down.

The alternator is not modified except it is not regulated so it put out more than 30 v controlled from zero from the variac...

The secondary in the transform er heats up just a little and the diodes don't heats up to fell, 1200v 30A rated 2 in series...   

I solved that problem by adding a 10kohm resistor in parallel with the primary, and between drain and source there is a snubber 68nf capacitor with resistors in series, i believe something like 20 ohms maybe 70, i don't remember, this last are heating up, a lot meaning that the discharge pulse is charging the capacitor and not the resistor in parallel with the primary, however the igbt doesn't heat almost nothing, its rated 96 ampers 600v igbt I burned 5 yesterday .... it costs me around 5 euro each

I'm going to find a balance between the dissipated energy in this resistor and the one at the snubber...the higher the frequency the higher is the dissipation...  I thought was possible to run totally unprotected hahahahah not a good idea!!! The thing is to accomplish something you need to expend something to keep the things working as they intend to.

Now i need to see if the diode is actually switching and how the things are going, change the core, waters, change the tubes, adding coils in series.. ground... etc... but i would like to determine a parameter for compariso n between results.. .

The DC between the cell is the same as the ac reading... what doest it mean?

If i could i make a video to show it, but i lost my cell phone and it was my only camera..

This is a setup like what stanley meyer had to start with!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 18:11:03 pm by sebosfato »