Author Topic: Amp restriction mechanism frequency doubling  (Read 37017 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: Amp restriction mechanism frequency doubling
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2015, 08:14:08 am »
today i constructed means for changing water level and purity gradually for tests...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2015, 05:26:21 am »
i think i'm getting closer... i saw some small bubbles... at around 20kv and gating i got the frequency doubling wave resonance too triplicating quadruplicating too..

i'm using  my old 40kv probe attached to a ac+dc true rms meter...

the problem is that my bobbins are arching over.. now i guess need to coil the chokes again with the new bobbins i prepared. .

my new secondary seem to have blew up also(arc) on the sides but not to core! the bobbin now is good... maybe my winding was not very nice on last layers .. mysterious the diodes didn't burn =) not so mysterious... i think now i'm using it right.. and maybe the last layers are burning because of the high voltage just like should happen to water..

maybe a good idea to fill with oil... or vacuum...

my pumped filter now works very nicely it can recirculate water, filter it, change level, it also helps to fill in and out the water cell...

again it was clear a region just after frequency doubling and before resonant peak a frequency range with higher impedance..

with or without anything connected

may have to do with the secondary..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:57:41 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2015, 22:46:30 pm »
i fell the problem with my new secondary could be that i added insulation to some points of imperfection in willing to have a more uniform coil... in the end i'm thinking that this points actually has a smaller capacitance and so voltage can be creating more stress on that points... also this consists of impedance discontinuity somehow.. so any imperfection is punished!

i still think the better idea would be getting insulation between the layers maybe varnish would help also take the air out of it..

although the coils won't probably fit well to the cores... there will still be the need to encapsulate them to get the high voltage..

all starts with a corona blue discharge.. than the arc so the air is also part of the problem...

i'm using my last 600 meters of this double coated wire than i don't know what to do... i ran out of it and without any to get more =(

is no trivial to get high voltage out of this coils.. i got it but now i'm seeing the problem..

or maybe thats not the voltages required?

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2015, 14:42:41 pm »
Start with lower voltage on your primary Fabio. Like 2V.  You don't need to blast it up right at the start.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2015, 19:08:21 pm »
Hi ts good to see you here...

i have now many kinds of coils being tested.. i can go from 2 v up to 100v in the primary... and saw up to 300 w going into my big vic...

the smaller takes maximum 100w..

some of the power get out heating the resistors across the primary..

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 19:57:07 pm »
There's no reason whatsover to try to push the voltage up that high!  I'm now concerned about your safety.

I am pretty sure your major issue still is that you are still current saturating your primary.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2015, 01:55:20 am »
well i tried to create a stable system capable of working for long time without burning and having to change parts... thats was my goal to be able to push it if i wanted during tests to see what are the boundaries..

i tried many different primary coils... as i said is hard to get it saturated because is working as a ringing transformer that means that the primary is only allowed to get energy from source when the voltage into it induced back from the resonance allow... when the voltage is in the counter phase for example... when it reverts althought the transistor is still close no current can flow.. since the voltage is blocking ... it it wasnt for the blocking diode in series from the power supply it would recharge the power supply filter capacitor...

now i´m using 24 awg for smal core primary and  18 awg for the big core..

i didnt want it to heat.. or damage somehow...

the feedback also get 24 awg or 18 if remember well...

the only thing that concerns me is that i can light a bulb with the radiation and so probably it could be making something to me... hope not that bad...

i was planning to make a faraday cage but the money less times is preventing me to do somethings to be able to do others...

the current can go up to 3 amps 100v without problems... and even higher.. maybe up 5 amps... more than that  the variac would suffer... it gets 220v 2,5amps than goes to a step down i created using similar variac and wounding 100v of turns.. with thick wire so can get up to 10 amps out at  low voltage input...

winding a new coil right now...

very bealtiful design...

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2015, 05:53:11 am »
...restrict amps....