Author Topic: Do you think water as a fuel would be good or bad for the world?  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
I would like to open a discussion on the viabilities of water implemented as a fuel assuming it would be cost effective as technology, but focusing on the impacts it could create. I want to understand what you guys think.

In general i want to hear from you, what are your expectations about how water as fuel could be good or bad for the world in terms of its impacts in the society.

Think in terms of economy, consumerism, social inequalities, pollution, trash, recycling, wars...

This discussion is very important!

Well is just a question... I'm aways trying to understand what are the future possibilities, to be able to find the best way possible, for implementing this technology. One person thinking is aways less than many.

Many already know what i think, and probably think i'm not able to change idea, i'm here to put in discussion and find new ideas.

Recently the recycling came to my attention and i think if water as fuel was cheap enough will be possible to recycle almost all the trash we produce... which would be good for humanity...

There are many good stuff... we should scientifically put into the scale and measure its effects...

thanks again for participating
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 18:22:04 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
Re: Do you think water as a fuel would be good or bad for the world?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 20:55:06 pm »
They talk a little about the effects of WFC in the International Evaluation Report (page 125-126).

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 22:10:18 pm »
Yes, I too think the release of this technology could become reason for political stress around the globe, because of oil and uranium producers. On the other hand i'm thinking that if water was used in the process of extracting and refining oil, uranium... as the energy source, it would increase the availability of oil (final product), by lowering costs of production while automatically increasing its availability, since for its extraction and refining and transporting they expend probably more than 40% of the oil produced. Water probably could also be used in mining effectively as substitute to explosives... It also a perfect substitute to coal, and natural gas in the energy production field and industrial, like chemical processes and metallurgical.

I'm not afraid of threats, cause the technology itself is not a problem for the industry today, for the moment we're living seems an excellent solution.

Like stan said the tech should be used to retrofit and sustain the industrial base, for it is the only way to make the benefits of it accessible to all. 

Thanks Tony for pointing that out.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 22:19:57 pm »
My greatest concern is the human stupidity, i'm afraid that if production become unlimited, people would fall into the consumerism, and would produce more trash than we can recycle ever, and as nobody wants to recycle yet, the earth would become a big trash as result. For me is like being in train that is reaching the end line and start to accelerate. I say this because i feel governments don't have enough authority to imply this kind of responsibility with the trash produced to the producers. 

On the other hand if we think that we can increase production we could than theoretically increase the recycling, however the greedy man don't like theories, they only see money.

What you think about?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 22:42:25 pm by sebosfato »

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 00:02:41 am »
The problem I see is our current world economic system. It is totally fiat and unstable. If a cheap energy source were made widely available it would replace the current unstable and easily controlled world economy with a much more stable one which could not be controlled as easily. It would bring a form of freedom which mankind has never known.

I think if not brought in slow enough it would cause the current system to callapse (but that will likely happen anyways because of the evil people who have gained control of it.) In a video with Daniel Dingle he says that the Phillipine government signed an agreement with the World Bank that they would not produce annything which would compete with the current system. (Can't remember if he meant the economy or the oil industry).....But the point is our current economic system is far beyond corrupted, it's evil, it was created for the control and domination of people and governments. Dingles story is just one example of how important this technology truly is to our future as well as our freedom.

• 50+
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 01:39:10 am »
We know that currently it is possible to reduce current petrol/diesel engine emmissions and increase fuel efficiency using a booster cell with friction reducing additives to oil and fuel along with magnets placed in a particular way.

For the meyer idea of 100% has benefits of eliminating the severe smog in economies such as india. china and other polluted cities, we must find a way to clean up our planet as a legacy for future generations.

Also fuel prices are volatile, with the iran sanctions we see price rises across the board, that effects the chain of delivery for all other items too. With power generation, we see distributed grid prices continually rising, the benefit of the meyer 100% fuel is to encourage 100% off grid usage and also has the potential to help those in places such as iraq where power is intermittent and their portable generators not always having enough fuel for providing power to homes and businesses.....

I think theres positives. Consumerism will be as it is whilst there is the invasive consumerism marketing on television /internet and papers, change the marketing and education you change peoples habits..

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:03 am »
After meditating about this subject for a while, i found that probably i was being super protective in the sense that  is impossible to decide if this technology come to the market or not, its obvious that someone else with enough courage could come out doing it without thinking soon or later... might seem arrogant cause would be impossible to protect the human being from itself.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 19:42:11 pm »
There are some cautious actions that can be though... Like implementing this technology in a production facility for example, implies that this group must assume the 100% responsibility of the pollution and trash created from now in ahead. Probably the best thing were to force who buy this technology to create a recycling process for their products and others that might be of interest in their production.