Author Topic: Power Up of my 8XA  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• 50+
Re: Power Up of my 8XA
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:56 am »
Wow, your the guy I need to talk to.  I am looking at doing an 8XA card setup.  I gather from your video you get something close to 1 lpm at the 5A setting?  Was this a 12v DC reading?  I run conventional electrolysis with electrolyte and get about that around 15A.  Ideally I would like about 2 lpm, but I don't want to run 30A thru my car electrical system.  I gather you need a coil in the setup.  Do you have a schematic?  Where can I get some of the details using the 8XA?  The 8XA takes 12v AC, correct?  Is that Tony's card you are using?

HI
Power input is 60V x 5A = 300W.
Power it in car can take 25A x 12V = 300W
andy

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 22:04:37 pm »
You cannot say the setup will consume 'X Watts".
Power consumption will wary widely and depends on the voltage setting of the variac.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 05:37:27 am »
Andy
HI
Power input is 60V x 5A = 300W.
Power it in car can take 25A x 12V = 300W
andy

Got a little excited thinking this card might be something in between a VIC and standard electrolysis, but apparently not much of an advantage.  Just gravitated to the DC-ammeter low number, and not sure exactly where in the circuit he was measuring it, and didn't catch the correlation of the variac to other gauge, not seeing any identifying units.  Not sure he even got 1 lpm and he is using more power than my conventional electrolysis unit, then.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 15:30:30 pm »
Take a look at the scematic,and you will see the amp meter and the volt meter are hooked up at the cell.
This demo unit is meant to show,that restricting amps will allow voltage to go up.That's all it is.Amp restriction so voltage will go up,and that exactly what it does.
Don