Author Topic: Figuring out the Steam Resonator  (Read 43994 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: Figuring out the Steam Resonator
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 15:41:01 pm »
Above you'll see the bridge rectifier circled in red, made of individual diodes.
I'm still not sure what purpose it serves through...The input to the rectifier is 24VAC...

HI
This bridge is the part of the power source for driving circuit of steam resonator for home heating. In the dune buggy power source is 12 V from accumulator. ( so bridge is for other purpose )
andy

Looks like its part of the powersupply.

Steve

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 18:56:12 pm »
TonyW,

I have seen that picture before and wondered the same thing.
Looks alot like the one used on the buggy.

• 50+
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:04 am »
HI to All
Maybe someone here have more pictures about steam resonator for home heating unit like vic transformer , or other circuits boards? Maybe someone have picture of the other side circuit board posted by HMS-776? For figuring it out. Thank for sharing.

andy

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 07:44:29 am »
From the measurements I have taken I have determined the core used on the buggy steam resonator is an E65 Ferrite core, not sure which type of ferrite yet. The primary wire is 18AWG, while the secondary coils are 22AWG.

The high watt resistors suggest that there is not a whole lot of power used in this circuit, maybe 5 or 10W. I'm not sure of the watt rating of those resistors but if they are 5W then the max current at 80V would be about 62mA. If they are 10W resistors then we are looking at 125mA.

Looking at the PNP and NPN transistor configuration I can't help but wonder why Meyer didn't just use a push pull driver on the primary coil to achieve the polarity switching?

• 50+
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 16:28:56 pm »
Above you'll see the bridge rectifier circled in red, made of individual diodes.
I'm still not sure what purpose it serves through...The input to the rectifier is 24VAC...

HI
This bridge is the part of the power source for driving circuit of steam resonator for home heating. In the dune buggy power source is 12 V from accumulator. ( so bridge is for other purpose )
andy

The home heating unit assumes a power supply, a common 120 vac to 24 vac wall plug, after rectifying we get 12 volts pulsing DC for the circuit board

• 50+
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 16:31:24 pm »
From the measurements I have taken I have determined the core used on the buggy steam resonator is an E65 Ferrite core, not sure which type of ferrite yet. The primary wire is 18AWG, while the secondary coils are 22AWG.

The high watt resistors suggest that there is not a whole lot of power used in this circuit, maybe 5 or 10W. I'm not sure of the watt rating of those resistors but if they are 5W then the max current at 80V would be about 62mA. If they are 10W resistors then we are looking at 125mA.

Looking at the PNP and NPN transistor configuration I can't help but wonder why Meyer didn't just use a push pull driver on the primary coil to achieve the polarity switching?

were those push pulls available in the early 80's?

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:58 am »
The push-pull circuits I'm referring to are made from NPN and PNP transistors and are simple circuits.
They have been around since before then. They are very similiar to Meyer's crossover circuit except they are placed on the primary side of the transformer.

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:55 am »
I too am fascinated by Meyer's ability to superheat water using voltage and not current.
We CAN DO THIS!
Keep up the good work all.
I am working on extracting the circuit from the pics of the home steam heater unit.
Wish me luck.
What threw me for a loop is the bridge rectifier on the 'steam resonator' transformer heatsink.
It sure does look like a power supply setup, but why were there complementary transistors there - PNP and NPN?
We know the following from that picture:

The Collectors of the two PNP transistors are tied together, and go to a black wire that has been cut.
The emitters of one of the NPN and PNP transistors (the pair to the left) go through a 220 ohm resistor and then tie together to the coil.
The emitters of the transistor pair to the right do the same.
The base connections on all transistors have been cut.
It is almost like an h-bridge of some type, but this is not certain.