Author Topic: Understanding the VIC  (Read 47592 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: Understanding the VIC
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 21:11:13 pm »
what voltages are you guys achieving across the water cell ?

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 21:56:08 pm »
If the cells polarity switched with each pulse, wouldn't that be equivalent to the steam resonator? In the sales manual Stan states that there is both a static and alternating field being applied to the cell. I don't understand how that one would work?

Yes, I was just about to point that out. In the Steam Resonator circuit, the gate pulses make the transistor switch the polarity on the plate, much like a H-bridge circuit. The voltage acts much like AC, but pulsed in a way to limit current. As you can test with AC voltage, it will not fracture the water but it will heat it up pretty fast. With tests that I have done with 120vac, I was able to super heat the water from room temp. to over 220 degrees in a matter of minutes. Here is a scope shot of what the output of the Steam Resonator pulses should look like.
(http://www.globalkast.com/images/tonywoodside/steam_resonator_pulse.jpg)

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 22:23:45 pm »
Oh wow, that's awesome.

Yeah the polarity switching is something I was really questioning myself over for that very reason.
What I want to understand now though is why the WFC does not generate heat when there is collision occuring,
How exactly does that differ from the WFC?

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 23:08:28 pm »
it came from Stan's stuff. The core material also came from Stan's collection. I just need to wrap the secondary so I can test it.

So does this mean that you know someone inside Quad City Innovate?

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 00:24:28 am »
no, lol...but one of my guys has been in contact with Chris @ Quad City Innovations. I got the bobbin, SS wire and core from John Bostick for testing. I'm pretty sure he told me it came from Stan's stuff, but of course you should be able to confirm this.

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 00:59:46 am »
Well that's cool! I thought when you said it came from Stans stuff you got it from Don. Chris is the chief technology guy correct? Do you guys know if they are having any success with Stan's stuff?

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 04:46:05 am »
Tony,if you got that core from John,I thought it looked familiar,I made those cores.That metal was some material I bought,and a few people here bought some.I spent alot of time making 4 sets of them.Hope it works out for your testing.
Don

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 06:12:03 am »
Yeah I bought some from you don, took your advice as well and
used a guillotine paper cutter to cut out the e and I sections, it
worked well.  Thanks for all your contributions.