Author Topic: Understanding the VIC  (Read 47593 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Understanding the VIC
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:04:51 am »
I think the VIC is the biggest obstacle in understanding Meyers work.
In this post I hope all will contribute their ideas and thoughts of how it works.

(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/Hms-776/VICmatricckt.png)
The research I have done leads me to believe that the VIC chokes form parallel resonant tank circuits.
In the diagram above you can see the drawing shows the equivalent circuit of each choke coil.
There is a capacitor, and inductor, and resistance which forms a parallel RLC circuit.

Current Limiting: If the chokes oscillate at their self resonant frequency they are equivalent to a parallel tank circuit. At resonance the parallel tank circuit has a nearly infinite impedance which limits current to almost zero.

Ref:  http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34d.htm

Voltage Enhancement: The voltage from the VIC does not come from it's turns ratio. The turns ratio steps up the voltage a little, but not as much as what the VIC outputs.

I believe this is where the square wave pulsing of the VIC comes into play. The square wave provides a very fast change in the circuits line current(note that in the circuit there is the alternating current of the chokes, but there is also a line current.) The line current is the current that flows through the whole circuit. The line current is very small, and it is the current which flows across the water cap.

Ref: http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34e.htm

When the square wave ends the current falls rapidly and the inductors (Secondary, L1, and L2) induce a voltage which can be calculated using the formula V=Lxdi/dt.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_15/2.html

Voltage Enhancement The other way I think the VIC might be getting it's high voltage from is the tank circuits high circulating current
and the impedance of the parallel tanks componnets. V=I x Z. This is basic ohms law, Voltage = Current times Impedance.

The VIC Output waveform I have to thank TonyW for this as he helped me understand that the VIC outputs AC, not DC. There are 2 AC waves 180 degrees apart which combine to double the output frequency. The diode prevents the secondary coil from shorting, but the AC generated by the chokes (at resonance) still reflects to the water capacitor.

I modeled the VIC matrix circuit above on multisim and at resonance I got 2 AC waves (1 at each plate) which were 180 degrees out of phase. I also got the pulse doubling effect. Unfortunately I did not save the design and when I made changes to it I could not get the simulation to work appropriatel. I have been trying to get it up and running again but have had no luck. If I do I will post it...I think it's just showing that this circuit will not perform the intended output unless it's exactly at resonance.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:28:43 am by HMS-776 »

Re: Understanding the VIC
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:24:38 am »
Ok everyone, now it's your turn to explain your ideas and thoughts of what the VIC is doing?

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:18:25 am »
Sounds right to me sir :)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 14:02:48 pm »
The VIC should work how SM explained it! 8)

It's a complete resonance wfc system, it consist of different (matched) parts working together.

I think the main reason (for the resonance wfc system) is that none has re-discovered the right VIC transformer core material to really have and seen the amp-restriction due to the chokes (core aiding flux) and also connected an isolated (delrin cavity) wfc to one VIC transformer to see this.
If amp-restriction is not occurring, you can not separate (in four stages) the water molecule efficient with voltage. What SM called "the Water Polarization Process".

Only isolated wfc should work because we don't want voltage fluctuation (leakage) between the exciters (what SM explains). It should be stable enough to maintain resonance (restrict amps). Remember: Voltage Preforms Work (not my words) ;)

The VIC is matched to a wfc cavity (capacitance) and for a known type of water used in it. (resonance frequency for resonant choke to choke/restrict amps)

And big wfc tubes should be banned!!! Smaller is better! Lower capacitance, smaller coils, higher voltage and higher frequency etc.
I recommend everyone to use the specs SM has given in his patents and/or use the specs from Dynodon for the wfc cavity and the VIC transformer.

But hey, if someone want to use amps, go ahead. :P (current destroys)

Br,
Webmug

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 18:18:12 pm »
Sounds right on to me guys,

There is one part I'd like to add that hasn't been talked about to much.
Resonant action, this is shown in patents when explaining the wiper arm on the bottom choke. He said it was four resonant action tuning. For a long time I thought this was for tuning into circuit resoance but I found out that my Water cap resonates with the top inductor. Tony and Don have posted similar findings. It wasn't till the sales manual was release that Stan explained that resonant action was the movement of atom\ions in the water cap. This is way I think his chokes were different sizes. He never came out and said they were the same but said things like they were similar length.
So, with the movement of ions that we are creating we could have colison between them and a transfer of electrons.
Stan also states in the sales manual that colision is part of the process

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 21:01:58 pm »
hey Dave, resonant action is also explained in the Voltage Control patent (ending with 661)

Here is a collection of statements from that patent.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/bigbuba/Picture41-2.png)

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 22:27:31 pm »
But, can resonant action be achieved with a typical submerged cell, or is there some design factors involved to make it work as described? Could there be a gap tolerance where the resonant action cannot propagate due to having too wide of a gap? Do normal injectors have a resonant frequency? Pulse jet?

• 50+
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 22:57:07 pm »
I take the guess that th distance between the plates / tubes equals a frequency that at resonance the vic/choke circuit matches? So is there a calculation to determine gap distance and is there a desired frequency to aim for in determining the gap? and another thought, does the length/height of the tubes / plates affect the frequency aimed for in setting the gap?