Author Topic: Stan Resonance finally cracked! by Sebosfato  (Read 40711 times)

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
Re: Stan Resonance finally cracked! by Sebosfato
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 21:52:38 pm »
Sebos and Kickback and others,

Sorry for the silence from my part here, but my job claims most of my time.
The time left, i spend on the IT part of keeping this forum away from many attacks.
This weekend, i have planned to start with alu foil wrapping around my Meyer tubecell.

Keep up the great work!

Steve

Offline Login to see usernames

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 01:03:16 am »
sebosfato

thanks for the explination

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 04:03:30 am »
You're welcome Dave.

Nice Steve,

Hope they go well for you i wish you luck...

Do you remember you first tried my pll schematic?

Is pretty much the same thing.. but now is not only one coil single resonating, its about now a loaded resonant tank but the load is actually only magnetically coupled...

I would like to explain here again the following.

Resonance

What is resonance?

Resonance is an event that happen at a particular frequency witch the system tends to absorb all the energy, or maximum transfer of power..

The fact is that if a system have a quality factor greater than 1 it has the ability to store more energy than it can dissipate in the same cycle.

So if the Q factor is 10 and you input 10 watts this means exactly that the resonant tank will have 100 watts accumulated (potential energy) in it and also that it is dissipating 10 watts as heat in the resistances, being this the load it self or the series resistance of the wires and the parallel resistance of the capacitor. Normally you can consider the Q factor as the inductive reactance divided by the series resistance. Of course if you have a load magnetically coupled for example you will transfer this power without dissipating but still interfere in the Q factor. 

So basically i'm saying that stan used a parallel resonance electrically connected in series but magnetically coupled in parallel in counter phase, 180° therefore he created a high impedance electrical path that allow the voltage to become very high, as the resonance flips the polarity, the magnetic flux of the discharge of the resonance capacitor, will generate a second pulse in the secondary and the charging choke doubling therefore the frequency as required for it to work (stans words).

I'm still thinking how the other coil would be resonating but i think its only the receiver coil. Obviously it will help or aid the field of the other coil resonance when the current of the pulses are being applied to the water... Whatever.. there is many things happening all at the same time, but the principals are that it accumulates more energy than dissipate per cycle (step charging effect) and frequency doubling that creates the unipolar pulses...

Its also clear than the feedback to maintain the resonance with the pll, there is a ac resonance.

I'm finishing the things here i'm charging my battery so i can do some more tests until i go buy some more fuses for the variac...

I spent the day buiding on the fastprotoboard the high speed circuit consisting of hct7046 pll that i had since 2 years and i hold for this moment, it has the lock indicator build in. I will use also the sn74hc02 that is a high speed nor gate, i'm thinking about cause it seems to be ttl and i'm not sure if there is any problem, but anyway will start with that...

For the feedback i will use a lm741 or 411 i will check those cause i already have here but i'm not sure if is burned.. so i need to test them...

The driver is the ir4427 non inverting... and wil work at 12v

the rest of the circuit will work at 5v cause is a requirement of this high speed ICs...

The Hct7046 can go in the megaherts ...

I'm doing this with the intention to understand why i'm not able to drive the mosfet at high frequencies.

I think that the problem is the driver in the circuit tc4429 cause there still signal in the input side of it but at those frequencies and beyond nothing comes out of it...

I think that maybe the diodes could be the problem... I will double check that... anyway. 

I think that really soon i will solve all the problems.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 04:53:17 am »
all this tell me that if i add a coil in series with the coil that should be resonating in the vic, i can control the coupling to a certain degree of the resonance tank to the load in the tank. I think that anyway if you make a closed loop core will certainly help improve the coupling so increasing the load and diminishing the Q of the resonance. For example if water has a high resistance (pure water) the load in the tank will be smaller..

Thats why i build that coil with variable core gap. with the gap closed the resonant coil there is 104mh and with only air is 3,6mh... about 4ohms 

there is also another coil that i'm going to add serially also with the tx4 choke..

So now i'm going to have a lower frequency, and more room for energy...

I bet this will work already. When i add the feedback signal than... it will work very well..

Is incredible the precision of the circuit that meyer provided with those nor gates and the inhibit pin 5 of the pll for controlling the number of the pulses, it stills impacting me.   

Hope you understood guys.. this is what i'm working for.

I respect different ideas, but i hope to be correct according to my knowledge acquired with lots of experimentations with coils and capacitors in the last years... unfortunately i don't have any nice equipment for measuring the voltage and see the waveforms well but i guess that for me this will not be a limitation but a challenge = ).

Wish i could repair my nice multimeter, the numbers don't show up anymore... there is something wrong... Now only after carnival... next friday i will have Lab lecture, so i will have the chance to ask for some equipments or at least if i can go there during the day to use the equipments there.

I just want multimeters with frequency meters and an oscilloscope. I saw there, there was like 100 oscilloscopes in a room ... hehe

I'm very happy to be in the university i think this gave me all this clarity of mind to be able to arrive at this conclusion.

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 05:08:15 am »
Seb

Is the code you shared in the above post supposed to be copied and pasted into the circuit simulator to view?  I am learning so I ask sometimes obvious questions.

kb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 05:16:46 am »
Yes exactly that. You just need to import that code to the circuit simulator (copy paste). the capacitance with the resistance in parallel is the tubes capacitance... the other is the resonant capacitor.

sebosfato

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 08:01:14 am »
Sebo,

thanks, that's is what I thought but my browser is not letting it happen..... yet

about the overunity page, yep that is the waveform I see, just that it caught my eye in a related article about shorting coils...  similar- you would agree?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 16:05:42 pm »
I wanted to help you all understanding the pll vic i'm working on so here it is. So like they say in the university i used my time to produce knowledge.

The Tx5 or Tx4 is not only limited to those in the transformer so can be added also serially.

The feedback could be a current transformer coupled capturing the recirculating current or could be a coil in the same transformer or yet in the series added coil core... 

KB,

You could try downloading the simulator so you can run without the browser... 

Not sure about the waveform.. Is not what i see here... I think that the waveform you see when the coil is shorted is only the LR damped oscillation according to the respective time constant... not sure.-