Author Topic: PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:19 am »
ThANKS Geenee I will take a closer look into that...

I got some good news from simulator, the capacitor idea is no good for my technic since it will not instantly accept a change in potential... buit the worst thing is that its potential is not able to flip during pulse off ...
another thing is that it has a specific voltage to charge ratio where the inductor don't...

I found that adding a coil in parallel with the secondary is all that is needed since it will act as an energy accumulator, but must be much smaller inductance than the secondary.. 100 times or so

so it allow the current to flow instantly from the transformer... the transformer must be from 3 to 10 x turn ratio... or so

The inductance around 1mh

the cell i modeled as a 1nf capacitor with 1kohm resistance

it gets up to 1,6kv at 10khz 12v 37 amps applied

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:53 am »
In few words in order to make the energy to flow from the battery you need a reactive load at the transformer secondary to be able to dump energy in such a way that it helps the pulse to become stronger and than collapse...

from the definition of the henrie is possible to determine how much current will flow

turns relation number tell the diode requirement since its current is stepped down

i'm now pretty sure thats why meyer added this said charging chokes

what i mean is during pulse on the energy is stored into the coils an when the field collapses they add their energy together to discharge into water a high voltage pulse...