Author Topic: sebosfato projects  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Re: sebosfato projects
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 08:19:41 am »
i was checking again the memos and found that stan provided an rectangular cross section, air coil calculation. And he also say optimize distributed capacitance and inductance to intensify inductance field strength. This make me think about toroidal air bank or progressive sector winding
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/slup125/slup125.pdf
http://books.google.com/books?id=hFSxaSPudp4C&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=progressive+winding&source=bl&ots=z0Oi27By4H&sig=rGWp7w6vwKA3iYx88hfElPFI1Ec&hl=pt-BR&ei=xAXgSrngIZqhjAfx0sFu&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CDMQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=progressive%20winding&f=false

Regards

Guys sorry but i cleaned up few posts witch weren't much related to this topic for better understanding of new users ;) , hope you don't mind... I want you all to continue this discussion as i don't ignore anything. Welcome to the Future 8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:21:40 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 09:23:31 am »
 ;D

Well the yellow was 9 amps being consumed at about 12 volts
The blue was 570 volts and being the effective inductance about 1,4 mh and capacitor around 90nf the frequency was about 15khz so the recirculating current was about 5 amps. this totalize around 3000kw of recirculating power. Wow

however didn't reach yet the effect i wanted, I'm going to design higher inductance coil and lower but more powerful capacitor to maintain the Resonant frequency around 5 to 10 khz. thats the way i'm  already sure.

If you can really help me with a donation https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ERQSHHBGWC5P2&lc=GB&item_name=Bring%20power%20to%20the%20people&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG_global%2egif%3aNonHosted would be very good as i would like to construct this new inductor this week but it will cost me about 200 euros again because about 4 kilograms of special wire will be needed. Coil former and insulation mosfets blowed...

I'm releasing here the automatic air coil calculation i mentioned about the formula stan provided.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

On stanley meyer demo is the Eq 20.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:57:05 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 09:15:29 am »
I finally understood why meyer talked about distributed inductance and capacitance. This is also related to air coils. And the concern is to know the isolation between turns. Meyer tell us 3kv isolation wire. Ok  a transformer have a difference of voltage between turns that is dictated by the number of turns in the other hand,

an air coil will not have the same voltage difference between turns in the first and last layer for example. Because inductance of an air coil is dependent ^2 to the diameter too. So to have a good distribution of the voltage thru the turns you might prefer to have a internal diameter bigger. However inductance will be the same but you would need less turns and less layers for say. So the difference of inductance of the first layer to last is small.

Distributed capacitance should be the minimum around all the coil to not allow for example that the resonant frequency of the outer turns to be lower than the resonant frequency of the tank. Progressive winding is needed for this.

Oh boy

Regards

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 13:37:18 pm »
keep going! i am liking your perspectives seb...

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 13:52:23 pm »
oh boy...:-)

I agree here with outlaw. Keep on going Sebos!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 04:42:46 am »
 ;)
update

air coil calculation was wrong. I corrected it and added a wire length estimative. You just select the wire diameter in centimeters and number of turns it than gives you how many turns per layer you will have, select the layers number to equal the number of turns, in the end we want b=c. It also gives you the eternal and internal diameter in inches and cm.

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 11:50:48 am »
the voltage difference between the 2 chokes is progressive: minimum at the first winding, maximum at the last - the 3kv/mil is enough for the last 40kv diff windings.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 02:02:59 am »
The reason the chokes increase the voltage is because of inductive reactance, so you can increase the turns to increase the inductive reactance. Inductive reactance is what restricts the current , and allows the voltage to grow up.

Both of the chokes are in series with the cell,

The secondary and the two chokes can be thought of as one large secondary coil in parallel with the cell.