Author Topic: Tube_Set_1  (Read 9474 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Login to see usernames

  • Moderator
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 235
Tube_Set_1
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:34:31 am »
My new tube_set almost completed and ready to test drive. Yeh! Its about time.
 
I started this set near 2 years ago and never made a housing for it just used to test in a bucket for the longest time.
Finally decided to build it because I got happy with an alternator as a power source and it looks like it may provide just enough gas to work or have fun with.
 
Still want to build one more addition inside the housing right above the tubes I think a set of underwater ionizers and a EEC, just now checking the parts I'll need, to make this happen.
 
The tube nozzles were sort of tough and I had made some variations in the tops. Besides that I didn't have a good jig to hold the angle I needed.
Made a special insert inside the nozzle, just to see what this will do. Hoping it may strengthen the gas by alignment of the electrons by using a neodymium magnet?
The acrylic liners over the tubes had to be press on, tight fit.
 
21 tubes in 7 sets of 3 starting with 1" - 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" near 1 foot long.
Trued the pipes on a lathe the best I could, its way better than when it came.
Although it has 2 different sized gaps, I think it will do a great job.
Didn't really have much choice in the stainless department and got what I could at the time.   
   

Offline Login to see usernames

  • Moderator
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 235
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:54 am »
Here's a close up of the tube nozzles or tops.
 
Also I have put 2 o-rings on that magnet that set into the center tube perfectly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 17:27:51 pm by komtek »

Offline Login to see usernames

  • 50+
  • *
  • Posts: 68
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:13 am »
Great work , I'm jealous .

I still dont have one piece off ss besides these ss light switch fixtures plate things ...

Online Login to see usernames

  • Administrator
  • Hero member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4440
    • water structure and science
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:10 am »
Hi Komtek,

Looks great.
Small tip: use bigger gauge wire. I think these current ones will get hot very soon...

Steve

Offline Login to see usernames

  • Hero member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2387
  • Testing
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:07 am »
Thats one nice Cell. Great Job!

Offline Login to see usernames

  • Moderator
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 235
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 17:25:28 pm »
Dankie I got the Stainless at $2.50 a pound in a scrap yard a couple years ago.
I don't think the scrap prices changed too much since then.
But I had to visit many scrap yards until I found the stainless.
The good scrap yard with stainless has it all sorted out in 20 foot long cubby sections but its 100 miles away.
 
Steve I chose the small type tip holes to test to see if the gas will cluster together and come out in larger bubbles, we'll soon see. Hopefully the magnetics will enhance the gas. And the wire is a 18awg lead going to each tube so its good for several amps per wire.
It is working on another tube-set right now and there is no heat build-up at all on the wire. Its changable if I run into problems.
 
And Haithar the plastic I got real lucky at ebay  all_acrylics had this size for $11.01 per 6' had to buy twice but they were good on the shipping only charged for one and a little more. Still the shipping had cost more than the parts. But it was the correct size I needed!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:49:38 am by komtek »

Offline Login to see usernames

  • 50+
  • *
  • Posts: 58
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 18:38:52 pm »
Komtek,

Very Nice Work.

Offline Login to see usernames

  • Moderator
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 235
Re: Tube_Set_1
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 19:28:25 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Geoy, Warp, hopefully this tube_set will provide a modest production with the alternator.
 
I have 2 alternators set right now (GM si10 and Ford 1g), but really like the Ford alternator best.
The altenator I'm using is a old 1g small case. I have the large case Ford here and did order the 200 amp stator replacement because I wanted bifilar leads inside on the stator. (Want the 12 leads) and did not want to rewire the heavy gage wire in there.
The guy mailed me a 100 amp stator and when I confronted him last week he called his supplier and then called me back and said sorry about that, and the 200amp model should be on the way. Reminds me I should give him a check up call.
 
This will give me 3 alternators and 6 stators I have. One of the stators I already rewired to 70 wires in the well, thats loops of 35 of #23awg. That rewind does not work the same set up as the standard modified Ford I'm using.
Also have to modify rotor power requirements, so I have some work cut out for me.
When this gets done I'll start a new project thread on the alternator set I'm using.
 
Meanwhile I'm just starting to do a leak test on the new cell.
 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 20:47:42 pm by komtek »