Author Topic: patent ca1234774  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• 50+
Re: patent ca1234774
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:45:26 am »
The gated pulse generator I purchased did nothing so I assume doa and am stuck with it.

Bummer.

If you live in the States,  Ill be glad to repair it for you.  No Charge,  Just take care of the shipping.

Send me a PM

Goey

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:28:32 am »
Update:

As tap water is cheaper than store bought distilled water I've been exploring that option among other things.

I tried wiring tubes in series and only one tube is working.  Series wiring for 6 volts rather than parallel wiring for 12 volts.  Switched connections and same pipe.  Strange.

With tap water I was getting a lot of production but also a lot of heat as well as gunk.  I at first thought it was coming from my pipes (T-304) but on talking it out with someone I filtered the water and on reprocessing in electrolyser gunk is minimal.  So this is what comes out of the faucet.  Fascinating.  So the water fuel cell does work with impurities in tap water as Stan says.  And I got the biggest bang using tap water as opposed to distilled water.

I've now tried 6 or 7 tubes and 12 or 13 tubes.  I'd like to still simulate the effect of pulse width 1/2 or 1/3 as according to the topic patent.  Bakatronics has some interesting stuff and made in the USA.  Fun stuff and better than using NaOH and low voltage/high amps in my book.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy,

Nice cell. Nice to read that you try many options in wiring the thing.
Can you try 1 setup for me? This setup gave me over 100% Faraday...
Use 2 tubesets. Wire them in series. Like + goes to outertube 1. Then from innertube 1 you hook up to outertube 2.
So i had 5 sets of 2 tubesets in parallel.
Hooked that up to a 5V powersupply = ca. 2.5V per tube
Gas production over 100% faraday.
If you need a calculation on that, just pm me the gasoutput per time unit, amps and volts.

Steve

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 21:37:49 pm »
Hi Steve,

Yes, I've wired in series and in parallel.  In series as you said, wired inner rod of set one, outer pipe of set one to outer pipe of set two, inner rod of set two to inner rod of set three, etc. with six sets at 12-14 vdc would give 2-2.3 vdc per tube set.  Yet, only one tube set is producing.  Likewise any parallel/series wiring results in just one tube set producing weird.  Either there's a shorted tube set or loose connection somewhere not sure will check.  Parallel definitely all tube sets producing.  In your example were you using tap water?  Thanks,

Andy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:09 am »
Hi Steve,

Yes, I've wired in series and in parallel.  In series as you said, wired inner rod of set one, outer pipe of set one to outer pipe of set two, inner rod of set two to inner rod of set three, etc. with six sets at 12-14 vdc would give 2-2.3 vdc per tube set.  Yet, only one tube set is producing.  Likewise any parallel/series wiring results in just one tube set producing weird.  Either there's a shorted tube set or loose connection somewhere not sure will check.  Parallel definitely all tube sets producing.  In your example were you using tap water?  Thanks,

Andy

I see what you did. However, when you just have 2 sets in serie, then you see a bit different reaction.
So, 2 tubesets are the max to put in serie.
In my example, i used tapwater with Naoh.
To be honest, the whole setup was just me playing with Naoh for the first time in my life.
The rest of the 2 tubes in serie and some of those in parallel, was know by me.
Because those tubes of me had a gapspace of 2mm, the Naoh did very well in there.

I had like 110% over Faraday.

regards
Steve

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 02:38:59 am »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for that.

I ordered some parts will get them next week I guess and will have more to share then regarding claims of the patent.  Btw, the pipe I cut up with a tubing cutter.  There was a small burr that I thought might be shorting out so I reamed them to make sure.  Gap is now definitely 1.5 mm as calculated.  Doing that  the zip tie spacers were then too small so had to get larger ones.  The allthread rod may be contributing to a vortex effect I read here somewhere.  Moving along...

Andy

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 21:32:11 pm »
I received a motor controller with variable frequency & pulse width and a 200 watt inverter circuit yesterday.  To check claim of the patent that 50% duty cycle increased efficiency I hooked up the motor controller and did several runs with 1/3 and 1/2 duty cycles and frequencies of 100 hz, 400 hz, approx 1 khz and 2 khz with 6 "wave guide" configuration.

Previously with tubes wired in parallel and tap water there was good production as compared to distilled water but also much more heat as would be expected with classic electrolysis of water/electrolyte mix.

With the motor controller, production is regulated via pulse width i.e. as duty cycle increases from 0% to 100% production approaches straight dc.  At 1/2 and 1/3 duty cycle heat build up over time is reduced but still increases with time.

Allthread and tubing is developing a bronze color similar to what I observed with series plates.

As far as efficiency goes I'm not seeing it however the pulsing dc does seem to be producing a more energetic gas (as well as steam).

Motor controller is MX067 30 amps max duty cycle 0-100% 100 hz fixed or 400hz-2khz variable via jumper.  Circuit and wires remain cool.  Heat buildup is in the wfc.  Heat never stabilizes but increases to boiling point..

The inverter is MX059 outputs 12 volts and switches between 2 grounds.  I've been wanting to try this for a while feed 12 volts to center rods and switch ground circuit between 2 separate sets of tubes.

I'm not sure but removing the 3 spacers from the tops of the tubes may contribute to a cooling effect.  All for now...

Andy

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 22:12:28 pm »
To continue...

With tap water heat is controlled with a pulse width of between 1/4 and 1/3.  Frequency doesn't seem to matter.

I went back to distilled water and production seems to be stimulated with pulsed dc but also some heat production but that might be due to contamination of previous tap water runs.  Maximum temperature was around 100F.  Ambient was around 80F.  Frequency and pulse width 2khz@100%.

The inverter run is on hold for now.  Inverter burst into flames due to one of the tubes shorting against allthread.  I guess I need some volumetric readings to add.

Andy

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:34 am »
To continue...

With tap water heat is controlled with a pulse width of between 1/4 and 1/3.  Frequency doesn't seem to matter.

I went back to distilled water and production seems to be stimulated with pulsed dc but also some heat production but that might be due to contamination of previous tap water runs.  Maximum temperature was around 100F.  Ambient was around 80F.  Frequency and pulse width 2khz@100%.

The inverter run is on hold for now.  Inverter burst into flames due to one of the tubes shorting against allthread.  I guess I need some volumetric readings to add.

Andy

Ok, Andy. Thats nice info.
Shame yr inverter went down the drain....Maybe a fuse could be helpfull next test.

Steve