Author Topic: Alternator setup v2.0.0 (looped)  (Read 7217 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: Alternator setup v2.0.0 (looped)
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:10 am »
(http://)

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 19:45:30 pm »
Hi All,

Continuing testing.

The following movie demonstrates the setup, currently using a kick start (switch) because I run it on low rpm for now (1720)
Only using 125 Watt (230V) in loop mode on the motor.

Continuing working on stable freq generation with micro controller to get resonance.

br,
Webmug

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 22:09:47 pm »
Hi webmug,

Great video!

I have a question. I see a step-up ramp sinewave.
Do you use any bifilar coil, or chokes in this setup?

br
Steve

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 23:15:43 pm »
Hi webmug,

Great video!

I have a question. I see a step-up ramp sinewave.
Do you use any bifilar coil, or chokes in this setup?

br
Steve

No coils, chokes are currently used.

It looks like the alternator is amplifying itself through the loop.
When I use less power restriction going through the loop the volts go higher and higher (stepup) over the WFC [100+Volt] (never tested higher because of some components) but the motor also uses more power to compensate to the requested rpm.
In this video I used only 10% of the motors ratings.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 08:58:37 am »
@Webmug
Depending on how much load is actually on the alternator (higher load=more resistance seen by the power motor)...you can use a larger pulley on the motor to change torque to higher RPMs. Of course a limit is reached where the shift from torque to higher RPM will not allow the motor to start up...so the limit would be reached experimentally, or you could calculate it if your math is excellent :D

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 13:57:00 pm »
Beautiful set up webmug :)

If you are looking for some chokes to try, consider a bobbin with cavities, and the chokes wound bifilar in the cavities, I am convinced this is the proper way to make resonant charging chokes because of the "distributed inductance and capacitance" this design provides, which allows the greater storage of both electric energy and magnetic energy, and one look at the Lorentz Force equation and you know that is going to have a huge impact on some electrons.

I'll be testing this myself once I get some things together, but since you are all set up it could be a good idea.

• Testing
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 00:31:34 am »
You have phases in the alternator, Each coil is wrapped 120 degree's from the other. Each alternator is different.

Alternators have anywhere between 6 to 8 poles on the rotors, Stators vary to matching the rotors. At 3500 rpms with the right pulse train, in my case about 700 to 1000 hertz you get this effect. The frequency depends on the hardware of the alternator. If you have no load after the cell i've recommended then your water could be less conductive, try more in parallel.

The highest voltage you should ever read across any cell is 35 volts, Ideal is around 20 volts, you can also Full wave without the use of 6 diodes, you can full wave with only 2 diodes, This gives you even lower voltages and higher square waves. The setup is not that easy to most, If you have an eye for what to do its a cake walk.

Good luck, It looks like plenty here understands my and stevies setup, assuming you're trying for the waveform i posted.

• 50+
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:40 am »
What I dont like about an alternator is the obvious power requirements and frequency limitations , it is 50% inneficient right from the start

But what If we could emulate the alternator by means of a sin wave amplified and phase locked signal it well enough so that is is identical in function ?  I am currently investigating this possibility .