Author Topic: Meyers may have pulsed with 2 transistors  (Read 19399 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: Meyers may have pulsed with 2 transistors
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2009, 23:11:18 pm »
you ever wounder why Stan says you need more heneries then capacitance?..  answer anyone?

Henry's is the unit symbol of inductance, You have one henry when  you use one amp per sec. and get one volt.

Capacitance is the ability for a capacitor to hold a electrical charge  .. for example in the WFC..

So i guess Stan meant you need more volt in the inductors than electrical charge in the tube cell.. for charging the tube cell is a dead short condition, and you can`t bring voltage up in a dead short condition he said.. ::).

• Administrator
    • water structure and science

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 01:04:32 am »

• 50+
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2009, 01:34:29 am »
incredibly revealing .

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2009, 11:15:00 am »
you ever wounder why stan says you need more heneries then capacitance?..  answer anyone?
in terms of reactance, yes, to let voltage lead current by +-90 degree.
equal reactance means no lag and max power transfer, and more capacitive reactance means current leads voltage.
impedance mismatch also means less than maximum power to load, and reflection to source [correct me f i'm wrong on this one]
I believe reflection is the key, to form some form of standing voltage waves. Standing waves are concidered a nuisance because they break down dielectrics.

Meyer's bifilar can be seen as a transmissionline: 2 parallel wires. The equivalent of a transmissionline is an [L]LC circuit like the vic. The wfc is the antenna on the line.

Just a different approach, give it a thought.

What if you tune into the self resonant frequency of a single choke? infinite impedance, so no current through the choke, and maximum power transfer to other coupled choke, strange phenomenon.

http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/8/8.02T/f04/visualizations/electrostatics/30-vdgdischarge/30-vdgdischarge320.html
interesing, explains why poynting flow flows inward

from 7:48:
the magnet can be thought of as the magnetic field in the core induced by the primary.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 15:53:50 pm by Alan »