Author Topic: The Right Question?  (Read 31425 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: The Right Question?
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
Here in the US we have 110-120 volts at 60 Hz and I have not had a problem with the probe since I have brought it. But you brought a different one than I suggested for you to buy and got one that, for me, wasn't compatible with my oscilloscope as my scope has only x10, x100, x500, and x1000 and I think x5000 so it wouldn't be compatible with this one: https://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2JGB4/Pintek-DP-30K-Differential-Probe-30KV-50MHz/#lg=1&slide=0 which is why I didn't get it and why I didn't recommend it for you to get it.

Sure it will read voltages up to 30kv but if I had to search for and buy a new scope that would be compatible with it that would have cost me a whole lot more money. 15kv was good enough as it can really read around 17kv safely and the working voltages for the exciter array falls between the range of the 15kv probe which are 10-20kv according to Stanley Meyer. That is why I suggested that probe to you as it doesn't have compatibility issues with the scopes we use. Perhaps you got a faulty power supply or something but you violated the warranty so there is not much that can be done now as the company more than likely will simply wash their hands of you. But since you don't know what they will do please give them a call as I am sure they don't want their reputation to be hampered by someone making videos of them selling products that don't work.

I have two differential probes from them and both of them work fine. I was able to read around 8kv with the 6.5kv rated probe but had to finally put it away and buy another one that could read higher voltages as the working voltages for the exciter array exceeded it's voltage capabilities too greatly. I have another than can only read about 1000 volts that I first got when I was working on the 8xa circuits off of ebay. It's nice but I quickly reached it's voltage limits as I learned more about the technology. I still will make use of it as I need it's low voltage reading accuracy for the primary side of the VIC transformer and for circuit troubleshooting. They are nice tools to have as they block out a lot of unwanted noise and the readings are clear as my old probes would pick up the VIC and overhead working lamps voltage spikes.

I hope things work out for you as these are some needed tools that are a must if you want to be able to see what it is you are sending to the exciter array by the VIC transformer and pulsing circuitry.

be well,
TGS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 11:46:26 am »
HEy man thanks for the nice words.. i luckly got an oscilloscope that is compatible with my probe... it has from 0,1 to 2000 probe automatic scale. its called minipa mo-2062 its actually from china from a company called gwinstek... its 60MHz so its ok... actually they told me it can be upgraded to 150Mhz paying a litle tax for the update of the software.. but for me that was ok for the price.... so its luckly compatible with my probe... and also with the other high voltage probe i had... when i looked up the manual it become a 2000/1 when connected to the oscilloscope too.

actually you could use any oscilloscope but you would be needing to do math all the time and that really makes the job a little harder.. but this digital oscilloscopes are very interesting so they help a lot showing numbers and all...

if working at this very high frequency its needed to add termination of the cable... some oscilloscopes has a switch for 50ohm for example... this probe has a 50ohm output impedance.. . than in this condition if i understood well the manual it will become a 1000:1 probe...

i´m going to construct a current limiter with a lm317 with a 6 ohm resistance for it restrict to 200ma as required by the probe and will try to add a lm7809 too for stabilizing the voltage i guess the probe wont work as hot as its going.. but i´m still worried on how to transform my 245v from wall into 230 the power supply needs...

my probe came with this power supply for 230v did yours came already for 120v? i mean the wall plug that has a transformer into it...  ???or did you used it anyways into the 120v ?? mine is not automatic is just a transformer inside and it has not got a switch..

i´m going down town to get some parts right now...  i will try to fix the old oscilloscope and make this probe get on working with safe too be able to start my work with the coils... i´m going to post a foto when i come back..

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 19:14:35 pm »
i just fixed the old oscilloscope...now there is waves on the window.. (yeaahhh)... basically i had to change 1 simple transistor bu406 0,5$ it was the power supply.... now the chalenge is to fix the second channel first and second scales that i burned few years ago... probably just a 1Mohmresistor ... now its open lets see what comes out... feeling like Mcgiver....if i had to send for repair it would have costed something like 150$ for fixing... more or less how much i pay for it 5 years ago.. .

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 20:08:59 pm by sebosfato »

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 21:09:35 pm »
The power supply they sent me has a switch in it for 120 and 220 volts. Like I said I haven't had a problem with it since I've purchased them. I hope now you understand the need for such tools for being able to view just what this technology is actually doing as without these tools one simply can't tell just what is being sent to the WFC from the VIC as that is an isolated circuit. Introduce a ground to that isolated circuit and it's going to take it.

All those people in the past telling you that you didn't need to get a differential probe where just out to keep you from being able to take a look at this technology properly either out of ignorance or by being paid to spread misinformation about this technology so as to throw you off the correct path.

As for me working on this forum I make no promises as I simply don't like it here as to me it's a place where the innocent are punished and the guilty are rewarded. Plus when they are given the truth they are too quick to toss it out as worthless trash never even giving it a try to see if it works that way or not. This technology is very resistant to pure logic and thus must be solved by way of experimentation and most on this forum simply don't have the needed tools and hardware to be able to perform experiments on this technology properly. To make matters worse these same people that have nothing to work with want their word to be taken over the word of someone that is actually performing experiments.

Good luck with your efforts to get the needed tools for the job at hand,
TGS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 07:38:44 am »
Hey Tgs thanks for answering about the power supply... i got a heat protection device to substitute the one in the transformer of mine power supply.. if it heat over 130C it open like a fuse but than when gets cold it turn on again... i bought a step down transformer 110+110/15+15 and summed the primaries and subtracted the 15 volts in the secondary and feed to the transformer... it was 228v rms.. at input

the output of the power supply that came with the probe is with open circuit 16v feeding with this 230v (the output of secondary is ac 10v unloaded without the rectifiers... )

and drops to 3,6v when connected to the probe...

basically i think that the probe already came with something burned inside... its consuming already 600ma and heating up without even turning it on... when i turn it on it consumes  760ma

so i guess there maybe something burned inside the probe that is causing this 6 ohm resistance shorting the inputs of the probe for dc...

TGS could you do me a favor answering me a question? Does your probe or the power supply gets warm during operation?

my probe is working at the 2000x range but in the 200x range it show wrong values... i bet that as its shorted at input the circuits are not receiving the proper voltage to make the compare...

thanks again
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 15:49:59 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 07:40:14 am »
something that is easy to have happened is that if the people here in the costumes may have burned it for me just to make me happy

can you see how unhappy i´m i spend the time to learn how to use it perfectly before start using and when i start its was already burned before start... since it warmed up this same much from first time...

the problem was not the 245 volts anyway...

i tried to call pintek but our english was little hard to understand each other..

i sent them an email with the photos and i´m trying to get with them some authorization to open the device without loosing the warranty so i can try repairing to save the money and time and pain in the *  of having to send it back to china and wait for it to be repaired or something,,,

my set up was pretty done to start the testing..

i believe that probably the voltage regulator may have failed in short mode and so the probe is still working with the residual voltage...

the easiest way for it to happen is to reverse bias the voltage regulator if it don't have a protection diode to prevent this... this would be my best guess.. the guys at the costumes may have turned it on and than off and after touching the input shorting the terminal.. bad design if its true.. .
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 16:34:43 pm by sebosfato »

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 22:25:28 pm »
To answer your question, no mines never get hot not even when it is 110 outside. If you turn it in they will not try and fix it and will more than likely just give you a new one as the cost to fix them is greater than the cost they mass produce them at.

Yeah, it sucks getting something that doesn't work correctly right out of the box been there before. All you can do is hope they honor their warranty and give you a new probe. Now the waiting begins.

As for me I am busy putting together my next attempt at reaching the ionization threshold. If all my corrections work this should do the trick now,  but I have been here before thinking that I finally got it for something new to go wrong so I must keep my enthusiasm in check.

Take care,
TGS

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 22:31:05 pm »
maybe customs used a powerful X ray to check contents and induced damaging current ???

I see Brazil has different supply , 2 or 3 pin , also Single Wire Earth Return circuit too in rural areas . some NZ have this .
it could be your house needs to be checked to be sure your equipment will be safe , maybe you need to use variac transformer for all your plug ins so they are all standard 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_socketshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_wire_earth_return

ps: edit is not working
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 23:01:35 pm by massive »