Author Topic: Magnetic particle accelerator  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
Magnetic particle accelerator
« on: April 16, 2012, 17:37:04 pm »
Hello

I want to share with you, my new idea of magnetic accelerator, which can help understand the principle behind stan EPG

I believe that a transformer where its core is subdivided into sections of opposing magnets inside a circular copper tube, where the magnets are spaced between each other by their repulsion force and are free to move...  will be able to amplify the energy applied to it by selecting when to input energy and where and when to release energy.

With the magnets opposing each other they remain spaced apart. If you now put a coil between them and energize it, both magnets will be accelerated in the same direction, because one is being attracted to the center of the coil and the other is being repelled given the like polarities, while they also still repel each other...

According to the speed of the magnets the frequency needed to be applied is determined. So as they increase the speed the frequency is increased.. the drive coils arranged around the ring also with opposing polarities.

The output wave form will be like two positive pulses followed by two negative pulses for each cycle of the applied frequency...

The copper tube; Is there to perform like a shorted turn in a transformer, this lets you to design the primary of this special transformer, to determine the magneto motive force (amperes in the shorted turn) limited to the power dissipation of the tube... The secondary can be between the drive coil where it would tap only the induction derived by the magnet passing, or over the primary where its relation of impedance will need to balance with the current flowing into the tube...

The magnetic particles; This are small magnets arranged in a way that they can't spin inside the tube, only flow linearly. They oppose each other so there is a space relationship between them. 

Where the energy come from? If you start applying energy into a coil and the magnet is inside it, you have a permeability, as the magnet goes out you lowered the inductance, so higher current flow, now as the other magnet gets inside the coil the inductance is now increased again. Energy stored in a coil is = to  E=I^2*L/2 So if you input a big current at low voltage and than takes out the same current at a greater voltage you get more energy out than in...

The magnet aways want to go to the center of the coil when you energize it with dc, that happens because the center of the coil is where the magnetic field of the coil is divided. I started this experiment making a toroidal coil, and inserting a magnet inside it and applying dc, the result is the magnet wont go anywhere because in a toroidal coil anywhere is like the center of the solenoid in terms of where is north and south division.

Frequency: If a lower frequency than ideal is applied the magnets will only go back and forwards, at the right frequency they will get the max speed, and much above it they stop. Probably will depend on the load, so the goal is to determine the frequency range and look after it...

I'm using 1/8 inch copper tube...

The diameter of the ring, number of coils and number of magnets are correlated...

A full wave H bridge driver is needed i guess... 

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:24:55 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
Re: Magnetic particle accelerator
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:17 am »
I think is similar to what steorn thought it could be... the increase in energy should be proportional to the frequency and permeability increase..

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:01:52 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:54:27 am »
Meyer talked about avoid lenz law would be the solution..

Tesla stated that aluminum was going to be the revolutionary material...

I was thinking about the difference of diamagnetism and paramagnetism...

copper is diamagnetic this mean that in the presence of a magnetic field it creates another magnetic field that opposes the original-

aluminum in turn is paramagnetic, which mean it compose the field creating a field in the same direction of the original field...

If we use an aluminum wire at the secondary would the induced emf be the same? or maybe ss wire? could this be the reason meyer used it?

I was thinking about and maybe the output could be the same frequency because as the fields of the magnets don't compose might become uniform so could be much like a sine function...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:28:55 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 17:07:18 pm »
I forgot to say that the frequency flips the polarity of the coils at the exact moment when the magnet is at the middle of the coil, so the force keep aways in the same direction. As the magnet is closer to the center the force is maximum.

In a transformer you have a coil and another coil, the field generated in the first will couple to the other...

In this case, the field of the first induce a field in the second (short turn) which allows to input energy in the primary easily, this second field composes with the field of the magnet which in turn is moving therefore there is a time varying field related to it, so if a third coil was to be there it would couple not only the field of the primary but also the time varying field of the magnet moving, so the primary is not responsible for all the field that the output coil will receive.

The energy is coming from the space time i guess. straight from the magnetic potential field, doing work. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 15:34:23 pm »
Yes guys, thats exactly what i'm saying...

Online Login to see usernames

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:20 am »
I forgot to say that the frequency flips the polarity of the coils at the exact moment when the magnet is at the middle of the coil, so the force keep aways in the same direction. As the magnet is closer to the center the force is maximum.

In a transformer you have a coil and another coil, the field generated in the first will couple to the other...

In this case, the field of the first induce a field in the second (short turn) which allows to input energy in the primary easily, this second field composes with the field of the magnet which in turn is moving therefore there is a time varying field related to it, so if a third coil was to be there it would couple not only the field of the primary but also the time varying field of the magnet moving, so the primary is not responsible for all the field that the output coil will receive.

The energy is coming from the space time i guess. straight from the magnetic potential field, doing work.

Dear Fabio,

To avoid Lenz law, there is also a technique that uses the coil shorting option.
On top of the raised sinewave, you short the coil.
Are you building a test setup for this?

Steve

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 18:39:10 pm »
Helo Steve, yes i'm building it, i'm very busy with the water project and still have my left hand broken, but a friend is going to help me complete this project too. i'm developing a variable voltage h bridge system that i'm going to use for this and other projects. its very complex indeed, i couldn't find anything like it on internet. i use three transformers, optocouplers and mosfet drivers.. the important is that the theory holds, because is clear to anyone that if operated in the way i described will at least make the magnets move in one direction only which seems to me related with the epg described by meyer.  more to come

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 21:35:58 pm »
 Steve, why you believe shorting the coil only there would avoid lenz law? i don't understand. the copper tube is already a shorted section. not sure what you mean.