Author Topic: PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE  (Read 3710 times)

Online Login to see usernames

• Global Moderator
PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE
« on: April 15, 2010, 05:32:40 am »
GUYS
We need to start getting into the physics of the thing to be able to do something.
This space is for serious answers to real questions, please no bullshit here!
I would propose some points we need to solve, those who can help, please help!

Here we will talk about inductance:

1° What is the inductance of a 1 meter copper bar.

2° There is a difference in inductance if this 1 meter copper bar is in the form of a turn? Or if it's divided in more than one turn?

3° Formula for the calculation of the inductance with ferrite nuclei.

For now I believe is enough!

Rules for this discussion:
Please don't *  around here or your post will be deleted!
Please don't make others lose their times with useless posts!
Please don't make me or the other moderators lose their times deleting useless posts!
Instead of lose your time writing things that will only make us lose time, use this time to find the answers!
Any post with non related info will be edited or deleted instantaneously, this is to avoid non educated posts and many pages of no point discussion. 

If a good question is asked, and answered more than once, probably only the best answer will remain. 

Thanks

I will do my best to write here only value info!

vacuum permittivity, permittivity of free space or electric constant ?0 ? 8.854×10?12 F m–1
?0 is the magnetic constant or vacuum permeability and has the defined value 4? × 10?7 H m?1
c0  speed of light in vacuum has the defined value 299792458 m·s?1
Elementary charge e=1.602176487(40)×10?19 coulombs

Inductance Reactance (imaginary resistance) is positive and is given by: 2pi*F*Inductance

Voltage of an inductor is = Amperage * Reactance

Quality factor is dependent obviously on frequency and is = Reactance/ohmic resistance

• Global Moderator
Re: PHYSICS OF INDUCTANCE
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 20:14:29 pm »
I discovered some nice features of the coils so i'm going to post it here...

If a coil is discharged into a resisitor the peak potential developed is V =R*I where I is the current flowing in the coil
the time it takes to the field goes to 0 is 5 times the time constant t=L/R

If a coil is discharged into another coil  the voltage that can be achieved is infinite since V= inductance*amps flowing/time

I don't know how to know the time it will take but the important is that

when you analyze in the limite where delta t is close to zero the volts is infinity or close to

This is related to the fact that a coil don't want to change the current flowing thru it so it got to develop the maximum potential available to make the current quickly start to flow...

When a charged coil is discharged into a capacitor thru A DIODE for example carachterize a discharge time= (Pi*Sqrt(L*C))/2

the maximum voltage at the capacitor will depend on the energy stored in the coil and can be found by equating E=V^2*C/2=I^2*L/2

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 20:36:16 pm by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 23:00:28 pm »
I had an idea last week that if we could charge a coil and than simply apply ac thru it while dc flowing it would crreate high voltage spikes

well i was wrong but i discovered that

If you add a coil as load in parallel with the wfc than really strange things start to happen and is related to the current flowing 

In simuilation i was finallyu able to apply 100amps from12v into a transformer and get up to 20kv pulses at the cell!

seems it takes the kickback from the secondary and than absorb some of its power to make the next cycle more powerfull...

• Administrator
    • water structure and science
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:29:40 am »
what if you add a cap to the proces and add it in serie to the parallel mounted coil. Parallel with wfc.

I also like your idea of using a small and larger coil, because of their characteristics...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 18:32:40 pm »
i'm not sure, because i didn't fully understood why the coil was doing that... 

I was thinking this days that meyer may have used coils because capacitors to start with are very very expensive in relation to coils... i mean if you want  a capcitor with 1 joule of energy it must be big and expensive!

A coil is not so expensive, well it weren't at all at stan time...

a capacitor there would make the z = 0 so i guess it would just change the behavior of the circuit

where there would be a resonance with that capacitor

I will try tomorow it in simulation....

The behavior i got was really strange by adding this coil in parallel with the WFC it allows the transformer to suck many many amps as if it were loaded hereto the energy (amps) are allowed to get into the coil at a low energy condition...

I founnd that the current flowing in series during discharge is simply the input current divided by the turns relation/// this is great

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 03:26:06 am »
Where is the simulator link steve? i couldnt find it this days... =(

i found it, but its no longer in the first page?

http://www.ionizationx.com/circuit/index.html

Br
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:35:23 am by sebosfato »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 05:37:15 am »
Probably is a very good idea to add this capacitor... i'm going to simulate it now to  check the behavior of the circuit

Offline Login to see usernames

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 07:55:41 am »
Hi Sebosfato.

i have a great document,about the efficiency pulse electrolysis.

Meyer did it,70-100% efficiency pulse electrolysis.

thanks
geenee