Author Topic: to Sebofato  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

Re: to Sebofato
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 23:40:49 pm »

i'm not sure.

Is your water distilled?

yep

What is the secondary resistance?

1.1 ohm, primary is 2.2 ohm

Are you using a diode? (you mention positive and negative)

ultrafast diode after donut before outside plates

Is the secondary getting hot?

donut heats after five minutes of over 2 amps at 150v dc pulsed at any frequency, stays cool under one amp at 150dc pulsed, 1/3 lpm by bottle displacement at 2 amp & 150vdc

What wire is used on secondary ? in mm or awg

16 awg silver plated stranded one layer 360 deg

note, 20 awg silver plated stranded as four layer 360 degree primary over that

Any gas on the cell?

see above

How may amps on the primary? 

variable, max voltage is reached at around one amp

Frequency?  12.5khz

PRimary voltage?  150vdc

Primary and secondary inductance?

PI is .7mH

secondary inductance is 17.2mH

Please answer all this questions as i can valuate whats happening.

If is distilled water could be a kind of resonance or your circuit behaving as open circuit
If the water is distilled and wire is small you may have what i call voltage transformation according to ohms law in the transformer or in the wire.

If you are stepping down the voltage you are stepping up the amperage. And more amps * resistance = voltage.

wait for your answer

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 23:50:45 pm »
Seb,

It may be that and I'm not so sure that regular 50hz type transfomers with regular sinewave inputs should be used to evaluate what happens when you dc pulse a transformer with a diode following it before the load.   

The pulse goes through the donut unchanged yet now with a really nice uniform ringing of about a dozen or so swings before damping.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 00:14:28 am »
Didn't you connected in step up configuration ?

the primary you said have .7mh and secondary 17mh
for obvious reasons as you said it was step dow transformer you should see primary inductance bigger than secondary.

from my calculation you have a 5 transformation factor

because .7 * 5^2 = 17  or ,7*25=17mh

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 00:41:50 am »
Seb,

I suggested it would step down because the inner secondary has one fifth the turns of the outer primary.

Powered in reverse it doesn't perform worth a damn.  Eats amps with no real gas output.

I wondered when you'd suggest running it the other way.  LOL,   The input and outputs each are 180 degrees from each other across the donut...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 01:26:14 am »
Man is not very clear for me, but it seems that you are driving the transformer in the wrong winding. If you made the 17 mh windings to be the primary you willl see lower voltage on the secondary for sure.

check well that

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 02:07:52 am »
OK Seb,

it is not clear for me either and right in front of me.  I just did as you suggested so I wouldn't mislead on a public forum.  I connected the inner primary to the pwm and the outer secondary to the diode.  I used four different wire combinations for input and output wires, switching positive and negative on this donut.  They all failed compared to the wrong way around, so to speak..

The step up configurations were all crap, lower spikes, sucked amps, no step up effect and little gas. 

Again, as I said, the donut powered with the inner single layer secondary and four layer outer primary has much better gas, doesn't suck amps and runs without much effort compared to the other way around.

I just did it again to be sure.

maybe this is too simple and I'm looking over it...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 04:18:03 am »
man primary is where you input electrical energy

What do you want?  the highest possible voltage ? step up voltage?

If is that what you want, in this case you need to use the winding with less inductance or.7mh as you said  like a primary. and the other as a secondary.

"Again, as I said, the donut powered with the inner single layer secondary and four layer outer primary has much better gas, doesn't suck amps and runs without much effort compared to the other way around."
it is quite not clear

Please be clear or i can't do much for you ok

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 21:29:02 pm »
S,

to be clear, this is a four inch toroid, with a primary winding (which in this case is wound around the toroid 360 degrees as four layers, (over a secondary winding of one layer wound 360 degrees).  the primary accepts power from the source at 150vdc, pulsed at 12.5kz, at .5 amp.   The inner seconday connects to the diode and on to the plate.

As you can see the primary is larger than the secondary yet there is no step down effect.   My puzzle question was and still is, why does it not step down the voltage measured at the plates.  No big deal it just is something I wanted to know and understand.

no need to reply with more questions for me, I'll give it a break...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 22:56:45 pm by sebosfato »