Author Topic: to Sebofato  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Login to see usernames

to Sebofato
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:02:34 am »
Hey Sebofato,

thanks for the pll circuit...  I follow your ideas somewhat..

I read how you are winding coils with trials for acitivity and response.  Maybe you can explain this to me, or maybe someone else can who's reading this...

I've wound dozens of coils, rods, air, and toroids with various effects when pulsed with 130 volts rectified from my variac.

How is it that the best coil I've built for gas and back emf spike voltage is buit with a 4" toroid-iron powder mix 28 with an inner secondary wound of two wires in parallel as a single layer using 16 gauge stranded teflon wire with a primary wound over that of four layers of single wire 20 gauge stranded teflon wire.

They are both wound completely around the donut.  I don't use chokes.  Just the toroid alone currently.

Conventionally I would think it would step down the voltage yet it shows the same voltage in as out.   My spikes are ranging between 640 and 680 volts with four similar but not exact toroids.   oh, at 12.5Khz  I've also found 100s of spike volts difference between different mosfets.  The current leader is the 600v, 6A, IRFBC40.

If you can explain this.. well,  I'd be obliged and impressed...

• Global Moderator
Re: to Sebofato
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:34:44 pm »
I think i understood your question.

If the secondary is an open circuit or if you leave the least open you will have this kind of spike.

Voltage in the secondary is = to the current induced * secondary reactance

having a load adapted for the impedance transformation you should read the calculated value. If its resistance is lower than that ideal the voltage will be lower.

Voltage is also = to amps * resistance

If you have 100 ohms resistance (load) and 5 amps in the secondary you will see 500 volts.

hope i helped

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 02:34:36 am »
Sebosfato,

I understand what you're saying, yet what explains the primary with six times the turns as the secondary with no step down voltage effect from the toroid?  that was the real question, I could have asked it better...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:19:47 am »
Voltage must always be measured under load or it has no meaning for just an open secondary. I hope you understand what i mean.

Did you measured amperage?

Are you using any diode on the secondary ?

• Testing
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:33:59 pm »
In the Electronic testing voltage under load is agreed!

However, When you enter into the world of trying to alternate a "molecule" with voltage the goal is preventing any current flow. This is because the voltage is allowed to increase due to no conduction. The voltage applied should be "altered" to perform work,,,,, Only when current flow is "completely" Prohibited these applied voltages can be "digitally" controlled threw the transformer, am amplifying device which is,, "Mirrored" by chokes in speed.

Once the voltage tingles the molecule at the right, Waveform, whatever that may be,, The molecule surrenders and gently comes apart.

Something to think about... A heat pump can consume 3k watts from the electrical Grid. At that same time,,, We know that 3k watts is equal to 10,236 Btu's, thats what the pump is consuming, 10k btu's. However the heat applied to the home is much greater, 40k btu's for example!

Ask yourself,,, How is it possible for a heat pump to consume 10k Btu's, But yet Give back 40k? It is said the heat pump is NOT an overunity device, It simply takes the Heat from the ambient air and applies it inside the home. It's not that the pump is Producing more than it consumes but simply using energy to "Transfer" the heat from the outside ambient air to inside the home.

If this is confusing, Air at 0°F has no heat, where there is available heat in a temp of 1°F.

Much like the water molecule,,, Do not try to force it into going into its gaseous state, Simply ask the molecule to do so, "It is the molecule that will perform when properly ask to do so."

If you can ask the heat in the outside air in the winter to come into your home, Why not ask the water molecule to separate in a language it can understand, which is voltage communication.

I have nothing else to do at this moment,, so I thought id drop in and apply some to this thread..

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:46 am »
Sebosfato,

Thanks for the reply..  this is during load conditions

The load is my 8 x 8" test cell with two positive outer plates gapped as a sandwich about 1/2 mm with a center negative plate.  Voltage  probe at the positive lead after the 25ns diode jumps to 350 volts at .1 amp and peaks and levels off at 650 spike volts at .8 amp with 130 volts off the variac, wide open.  Simple coil driver 555/lm393 pwm is used.   

I know I could understand why the toroid should not step down the voltage if someoine would point me in the right direction.  The base pulse amplitude is 130 volts on the osccope with the 650v spikes.

• 50+
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 17:05:59 pm »

If this is confusing, Air at 0°F has no heat, where there is available heat in a temp of 1°F.

I disagree with this statement . There is still heat to be taken from air untill it has reached absolute zero -459 F .

But when its that cold the price to get the heat out is too much .

I also studied AC and heating .

In fat I can setup a control loop with nothing but a thermocouple , an comparator , 2 resistors and a relay .

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 17:32:09 pm »
Hi Kickbackemf

i'm not sure.

Is your water distilled?
What is the secondary resistance?
Are you using a diode? (you mention positive and negative)
Is the secondary getting hot?
What wire is used on secondary ? in mm or awg
Any gas on the cell?
How may amps on the primary?
Frequency?
PRimary voltage?
Primary and secondary inductance?

Please answer all this questions as i can valuate whats happening.

If is distilled water could be a kind of resonance or your circuit behaving as open circuit
If the water is distilled and wire is small you may have what i call voltage transformation according to ohms law in the transformer or in the wire.

If you are stepping down the voltage you are stepping up the amperage. And more amps * resistance = voltage.

wait for your answer