Stanley Meyer > Stanley's Vic

Winding method

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dankie:
Great reply H20 , this is something one should ponder on , but how is some 1 supposed to match the inductance of the primary .030 with the secondary .002 . Its slightly farther from the core true but not that much , and its Bigger as well .

Where exactly in the brief does he point towards that direction ? can you quote me this plz , i'm a bit puzzled .

Kinesis , H20 is right , the drawings meyers did are correct , and i believe the injector has the chokes hooked up like naudin , not like the neogen Crux hookup. What i really need help understanding is the primary winding . I see now what you mean by 1243 and 1234 , i think my coil setup will be 1234 .

Stan Says ****longitudinal wrap and layered bidirectionnal****

HMS-776:
H2OPOWER

I know you have more experience with the VIC than I do as I have not yet tried to build it. I know the inductances are required to match match.

The thing I wonder about is why does the primaries inductance have to match?

It is not a part of the secondary HV circuit, It is only magnetically coupled to the secondary through the inductance coupling...

And the primary is not an LC circuit so it will not resonate, will it?

ALSO,  will the chokes have ot be the same gauge as the secondary if they are not made of 430 SS?

kinesisfilms:
ughh.

--- Quote ---Kinesis , H20 is right , the drawings meyers did are correct , and i believe the injector has the chokes hooked up like naudin , not like the neogen Crux hookup. What i really need help understanding is the primary winding . I see now what you mean by 1243 and 1234 , i think my coil setup will be 1234 .
--- End quote ---

naudin had his hooked up like meyer like neogens and like kevin wests......that is what the 1243 means......look at the dot orientation on the resonant charging chokes.....peopel jsut simplify it in schematics to show the concept the only person that drew it how it is visually seen is kevin west and neogen.....meyers put a lovely dot.....and naudin number it correctly.....wind it how ever you feel.....but you can't go wrong with bifilar winding.....becuase you can just connect it differently when you realize it won't work 1234, but will only work 1243 or even 2134.......if you don't wind them together in the same direction you will have problems......just take 2 wires wind them together side by side the whole way through and when you connect it to the circuit the current has to oppose each other to cancel each other out.

i may be making this comlicated sounding but the neogen image, naudins numbers, meyers dot orientation on the resonant charging chokes, and kevin west's visual layout are all one in the same.

HMS-776:
H2opower,

You answered my question. Thanks for all the help you have given us all here! It is very appreciated!!!

I try to help where I can, but there's still a lot I don't know still!

tester:
Dankie please play nice and double check your post before posting them.

If you feel negative about something and you would like to post your negative comment on something you do not think would work, then Please take the time and learn how to reply in a way to get your point across and not make fights or members unhappy.

H20, Keep up the good work, and next time something like this bothers you Please report it to me.

Dankie, Play nice, your attitude here is a bit better than last time, but its going to have to get a bit better then it already is. Please work on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version